Pass-no credit grading registration
Please carefully read the Pass-No Credit guidelines below. Once submitted the form will be routed to the selected advisor and then to the Office of the Registrar for processing. Once received, it can take up to five business days for processing. Once processed, this action is not reversible.
The deadline for changing to P/NC status is as follows:
Spring 2020: Friday of week 14 (4:30 p.m., Friday May 15, 2020).
Summer 2020: The last regular class meeting for your summer course, but no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 14, 2020 for summer long experiences.
Pass-No Credit Grading Guidelines - COVID-19 Disruption Policy for Spring and Summer 2020 Only
This special Pass/No-Credit adjustment is available to students with permission of the advisor within the following guidelines.
- Students who take fewer than 12 credits graded with a letter grade will be ineligible for Spring 2020 Dean's List.
- This special COVID-19 Pass-No Credit (P/NC) adjusted option is available for Spring Semester 2020 through Friday of week 14 week courses (4:30 pm Friday, May 15, 2020) and for Augustana Summer Session 2020 until the last class meeting for June/July courses or 4:30 pm Friday, August 14, 2020 for internships and research experiences. After the deadline has passed, students may no longer elect to take a course P/NC nor reverse a status of a course for which a form was previously submitted. See the Academic Calendar for additional dates.
- Students who elect into P/NC status and earn a grade of C-, D or F will earn No-Credit (NC) for the course. This includes students who are taking a course for a general education designation and coursework for the major.
- A student may not elect to take all of their courses Spring Semester 2020 as P/NC. There is an exception for summer session 2020 if a student is only taking one course at Augustana.
- Before submitting this form, students should be aware of how earning a No-Credit (NC) grade will impact their satisfactory academic progress and eligibility for financial aid.
- Due to strict State Board of Education guidelines, students in the teacher education program must have approval of their education advisor in order to elect to have their course taken P/NC.
- General Education Core Requirements may be taken Pass-No credit during Spring Semester 2020 and Summer Session 2020 only.
- Courses required for a major or minor may be taken Pass-No Credit during Spring Semester 2020 and Summer Session 2020 only.
- Instructors will turn in letter grades for all students. In cases where students have elected the Pass-No Credit option, the grade will be converted for A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+ and C grades into CR (credit); and C-, D and F grades into NC. This rule will not apply to courses which are mandatory Pass-No Credit which will be graded by instructors as P (CR) or NC.
- Neither P (CR) nor NC grades will be used in computing Augustana grade-point averages, but these courses do impact the number of credits earned and attempted.
- Students should be aware that Augustana cannot control the use made by other colleges and graduate and professional schools of Pass (P or CR) and No-Credit (NC) grades that appear on the transcripts of Augustana students. Students should consult potential graduate programs and/or licensure organizations before electing into P/NC status.
For the updated COVID-19 deadlines, please also see the current Academic Calendar.