Evaluation of International Transcripts
Transfer coursework coming from an international university will need to be submitted for evaluation by an approved agency (see links below.) Any of the NACES member institution evaluations will be accepted. Only coursework from other colleges or universities determined to receive a grade of equivalent of "C" or higher will be accepted for transfer credit. The grade point average for courses accepted from other colleges or universities does not transfer.
Augustana does not perform internal translations/evaluations of international transcripts for any individuals, including:
- new first year or transfer students
- currently enrolled or returning students who participate in an approved third-party international study experience
- students who wish to move from part-time/non-degree status to degree-seeking
- students who need to prove status of a degree for teacher certification or other non-degree program
- students wishing to earn an American bachelor of arts degree after earning an international degree
It is the responsibility of the student to arrange and pay for the evaluation through one of the third party evaluation agencies as linked below and arrange to have the official evaluation sent directly to the college from the agency. Augustana does not require an official copy of the international transcripts be sent to us unless it is part of an approved Augustana exchange agreement (see link to the Office of International and Off-Campus Programs below), only the official evaluation sent directly from the agency to Augustana College, Office of the Registrar.
Agencies approved for evaluation: NACES approved agency list
NOTE: Approved transfer courses will not be placed on a student's Augustana permanent record if the student has an outstanding balance in the Business Office.
Students participating in Augustana-approved study abroad programs should contact the Office of International and Off-Campus Study about the transfer approval process for those programs.