How to apply to Augustana
Choose an application
Applications for students who will enroll in 2017 will be available starting Aug. 1, 2016.
• The Common Application is helpful for students planning to apply to other schools using the same application. (Note: The Common Application is closed for fall 2016. Applicants for fall 2016 should use the Augustana Application below.)
• The Augustana Application is exclusive to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill.
Your application is treated the same way, no matter which application you use.
Pick a deadline
Early decision: Complete your application by Nov. 1 and receive an admission decision by Nov. 15 and a financial aid decision by Dec. 1. This is a binding commitment recommended for students who are sure to enroll if accepted. Students who choose to apply Early Decision must complete the Early Decision Agreement Form. This form is part of both the Common Application and the Augustana Application. Tuition deposits are due Jan. 15.
(Transfer students may not apply for early decision.)
Early action: Apply by Nov. 1 to receive an admission decision by Dec. 20 and financial aid decision by Jan. 15. Tuition deposits are due May 1.
Regular decision: Apply by April 1; admission notifications begin in mid-December, on a rolling basis. Tuition deposits are due May 1.
Notes and next steps
• Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available Oct. 1, 2016. (Augustana's FAFSA code: 001633). Also complete Augustana's New Student Financial Aid Information Form, which will be mailed to you.
To maximize your eligibility for financial aid from all sources (including the $750 Early Filers Award from Augustana), complete the FAFSA by Nov. 1, 2016, for
any of the application options.
• Have your official high school transcript sent to Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois. Transfer students also will need to send official transcripts from any colleges or universities they attended.
• Submit ACT/SAT scores (ACT code: 0946, SAT code: 1025), or choose not to. Read Augustana's test-optional policy.
• Letters of recommendations from a guidance counselor and one teacher are recommended, but not required. Transfer students may wish to include a personal statement outlining their reasons for transferring to Augustana (optional).
• Augustana requires a Secondary School Report (counselor report). High school students should be sure to fill out their counselor's email address in the application for admission, so he or she will be notified to send the report.
• Schedule an admissions interview. This is optional, but encouraged for most applicants. Interviews are required for students who are homeschooled, or who opt for early decision, or who apply test-optional.
• Augustana partners with ZeeMee, a free service that enhances a student's application. We want to know about the whole person - to learn more about you than your test scores and statistics. Consider using ZeeMee to tell us more. Please copy and past your ZeeMee link into the Augustana application where indicated. Sign up at ZeeMee.com. Submitting a ZeeMee profile is optional, and not participating in ZeeMee will not negatively impact your application in any way.
Interview on campus, at Augustana's Chicagoland Office, or via Skype. Call 309-794-7341 to schedule. Many students interview during a campus visit.
Questions? Call 309-794-7341 or email email@example.com.
- Africana Studies
- Art History
- Asian Studies
- Business Administration
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Management & Forestry
- Environmental Studies
- Graphic Design
- International Business
- Landscape Architecture
- Latin American Studies
- Medieval & Renaissance Studies
- Multimedia Journalism
- Political science
- Pre-Library Science
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-physician assistant
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Public health
- Women's and gender studies
- World Literature