Applying for admission
Choose an application
• The Augustana Application is exclusive to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill. It is available now for students entering in 2020.
• The Common Application is helpful for students planning to apply to other schools using the same application. The Common Application is open for students entering in fall 2020.
Your application is treated the same way, no matter which application you use.
We know the COVID-19 pandemic has made college decisions harder than ever. For that reason, we're accepting applications for students entering during the fall of 2020 through August, so you have time to make the right decision for you and you family.
Apply for financial aid
• Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available Oct. 1. Augustana's FAFSA code is 001633. Also, complete Augustana's New Student Financial Aid Information Form, which will be mailed to you.
To maximize your eligibility for financial aid from all sources (including the $750 Early Filers Award from Augustana), complete the FAFSA by Nov. 1 for any of the application deadline options.
Notes and next steps
Completing your application for admission
• Have your official high school transcript sent to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill. Transfer students also will need to send official transcripts from any colleges or universities they have attended.
• Submit ACT/SAT scores (ACT code: 0946, SAT code: 1025), or choose not to.
Augustana College is test-optional for applicants with above a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA. If you choose to apply as test-optional, you may indicate that in your application.
Test-optional applicants must complete an admissions interview. Test-optional is not available to international applicants.
• A letter of recommendation from a teacher is encouraged, but not required. Transfer students may wish to include a personal statement outlining their reasons for transferring to Augustana (optional).
• Augustana requires a Secondary School Report (counselor report). High school students should be sure to fill out their counselor's email address in the application for admission, so the counselor will be notified to send the report.
• Schedule an admissions interview. This is optional, but encouraged for most applicants. Interviews are required for students who are homeschooled, or who opt for Early Decision, or who apply test-optional.
Interview on campus, at Augustana's Chicagoland Office, or via Skype. Call 309-794-7341 to schedule. Many students interview during a campus visit.
• Augustana partners with ZeeMee, a free service that enhances a student's application. We want to know about the whole person — to learn more about you than your test scores and statistics. Consider using ZeeMee to tell us more. Please copy and paste your ZeeMee link into the Augustana application where indicated. Sign up at ZeeMee.com.
Submitting a ZeeMee profile is optional, and not participating in ZeeMee will not negatively impact your application in any way.
Questions? Call 309-794-7341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.