Special student application for non-traditional students
Submit the Special Student Application if:
- You previously have enrolled at Augustana and are re-applying.
- You are considering enrolling to take classes as a part-time student.
- You are a non-degree student.
- You have a bachelor's degree and are interested in pursuing teaching certification.
- You have a bachelor's degree and are interested in the CSD post-baccalaureate program.
- You are applying for summer school only.
Use the Special Student Application.
You must have a high school diploma to apply.
If you have at least 12 credits of college course work, complete the transfer student application procedure.
If you graduated from high school less than three years ago, complete the high school student application procedure.
Your application to Augustana College will be complete once you submit the following items:
Two letters of recommendations. Submit two letters of recommendation from people who know you well and who recognize and appreciate your work ethic. Examples may include professors/teachers, clergy, employers, etc. If you have a teacher reference, you may take the teacher evaluation form found in the Common Application or Augustana's Application to your teacher for completion. References can also write a free form letter on your behalf. Return the letters of recommendation to the Augustana College Office of Admissions.
Official high school transcripts. Submit your transcript to the Augustana College Office of Admissions. It should include a cumulative GPA and rank in class (if available).
Standardized test scores. All applicants may submit scores from either the ACT or SAT. (Augustana College does not prefer one test over the other, and will consider the highest composite score.) We will accept the scores as they appear on your official high school transcript; otherwise, the ACT or SAT testing organization can send your scores directly to Augustana.
Students also may apply test-optional, without submitting standardized test scores. Augustana College is test-optional for applicants with above a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA. If you choose to apply as test-optional, you may indicate that in your application.
Test-optional applicants must complete an admissions interview. Test-optional is not available to international applicants.
- Writing sample. All applicants must submit examples of their writing. Acceptable writing samples might include a graded paper from any high school class, preferably showing the grade earned or a personal statement of values, beliefs, idiosyncrasies and talents The application for admission also suggests topics for an original essay
Admissions interview (recommended, but optional). The interview is recommended for all prospective students. For non-traditional students it is particularly beneficial because it will provide an opportunity for you to discuss your educational history, life and learning experience, while we learn about your passions and interests.