Construction is underway for Augustana’s new Lindberg Center, opening in 2021.
Your generosity can change the world. Because of donors like you, students gain the freedom and support to explore their gifts and talents, grow their confidence and achieve more than they ever dreamed. The world needs more Augustana graduates. You help make that possible.
Your gifts support passionate curiosity.
Joel Padgett, a 2021 graduate pursuing Ph.D in geology at University of Calgary has this to say about the Augustana experience:
"I never thought that I’d be a certified SCUBA diver or recreational drone pilot, that I’d travel to Europe and the Caribbean. I never thought that I’d have a job that pays me to talk about writing, and I never thought I’d get to make music with some of the most incredible musicians I have ever met. And yet, in four short years, I did all that and so much more."
End-of-year gifts and options
Thank you for your generous support of Augustana College. As many of our alumni and friends are planning their final charitable contributions for the year, we have a few updates and reminders to share:
• Contact us by phone or email from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on weekdays through Dec. 22. The college will be closed Dec. 23-Jan. 3. If you need assistance outside of working hours, email Brianne Berogan or call 309-794-7545 and leave a message with your name, phone number, and graduation year (if applicable).
• Checks arriving by mail must be postmarked by Dec. 31 to be credited in 2021. Make all gifts payable to “Augustana College” and include a note indicating your giving preferences. Please do not send credit card information via mail.
• Online gifts can be made until 10:59 p.m. Central Time on Dec. 31. Use this link to make your year-end gifts via credit card or electronic funds transfer (EFT) online. Please note the updated cutoff time — our new credit card processor operates on Eastern Time.
• If you are requesting an IRA distribution, please notify us now so that we can watch for it. Not all financial institutions include donor names or gift preferences with the check. We also have a new online tool to assist with requesting a gift from your IRA custodian. If you are using an IRA checkbook, the check must be received by the college no later than 3 p.m. on Dec. 13 to ensure it will be credited as a 2021 gift.
• Stock transfers must be received in our TD Ameritrade account by 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 31 to ensure they will be counted as 2021 gifts. To obtain transfer account information, use our online stock tool or contact Cindy Schroeder at 309-794-7347 no later than 2 p.m. on Dec. 22.
Once again, thank you for all you have done for Augustana. We are most grateful for your generosity and wish you all the best this holiday season.
♦ ♦ ♦
You may elect to support the Augustana Fund or another area of campus.
Donors 701⁄2 and older are eligible to make a tax-free donation to Augustana College from their IRAs.
Do you have appreciated assets? Transferring them directly to Augustana College is a tax-smart way to give.
You may be able to increase the value of your gift through matching funds. See Matching Gifts to learn if your employer participates.
If you would prefer to make your donation by cash or check instead of online, here are instructions and a printable pledge form.
If you need assistance, contact the Office of Advancement at 309-794-7545 or email Brianne Berogan.