Admission of non-U.S. citizens to Augustana College is based upon overall academic strength as well as the financial ability to meet the cost of an Augustana education. International students are advised to enroll fall term, which is the beginning of the school year and gives international students greater opportunities for orientation and participation. Students who would like to be considered for admission should submit the following:
1. Choose an application:
- The Augustana Application is exclusive to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill. It is available now for students entering in fall 2020 and spring 2021. The application for fall 2021 will is open.
- The Common Application is helpful for students planning to apply to other schools using the same application. The Common Application is open for fall 2021.
Your application is treated the same way, no matter which application you use.
2. Arrange for official transcripts from secondary school and any university you attended to be sent to Augustana. Transcripts must be in English and forwarded directly to Augustana from the institution.
3. Submit one of the following standardized tests. International students are allowed to self-report scores, however official test results should be sent directly from the testing agency to Augustana College at the time of a deposit.
- TOEFL - minimum: 550 on written test; 80 on internet test
- IELTS - minimum 6.5
- DUOLINGO ENGLISH TEST - minimum 105 Composite Score
- SAT - (critical reading and math only) College Board code 1025
4. Have a teacher, academic advisor or school official send a letter of recommendation for you to Augustana (recommended but not required).
5. Apply for financial aid.
Augustana College offers both merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid to international students. No additional application is required for the merit-based scholarships as all applicants for admission are automatically considered.
However, if you wish to apply for need-based financial aid, you must submit the Augustana Certificate of Finance found in the applicant portal.
International students are awarded financial aid based on their family's financial circumstances. The specific amounts of scholarship money and financial aid received are different for each applicant and we work on a case by case basis.It's important that you fill out this document accurately and completely.
Please mail documents to:
Office of Admissions
639 38th Street
Rock Island, IL 61201-2296
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like additional information:
Director of International Admissions
Tel: (309) 794-7540
Fax: (309) 794-8797