International application procedure
Admission of non-U.S. citizens to Augustana College is based upon overall academic strength as well as the financial ability to meet the cost of an Augustana education. International students are advised to enroll fall term, which is the beginning of the school year and gives international students greater opportunities for orientation and participation. Students who would like to be considered for admission should submit the following:
1. Choose an application:
- The Augustana Application is exclusive to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill. It is available now for students entering in fall 2022 and spring 2022.
- The Common Application is helpful for students planning to apply to other schools using the same application. The Common Application is open for fall 2022 and spring 2022.
Your application is treated the same way, no matter which application you use.
2. Arrange for official transcripts from secondary school and any university you attended to be sent to Augustana. Transcripts must be in English and forwarded directly to Augustana from the institution.
3. Demonstration of English language proficiency through the criteria listed by Augustana. International students are allowed to self-report scores, however official documentation and/or test results should be sent directly from the testing agency to Augustana College at the time of a deposit.
4. Have a teacher, academic advisor or school official send a letter of recommendation for you to Augustana (recommended but not required).
5. Apply for financial aid.
Augustana College offers both merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid to international students. No additional application is required for the merit-based scholarships as all applicants for admission are automatically considered.
However, if you wish to apply for need-based financial aid, you must submit the Augustana Certificate of Finance found in the applicant portal.
International students are awarded financial aid based on their family's financial circumstances. The specific amounts of scholarship money and financial aid received are different for each applicant and we work on a case by case basis.It's important that you fill out this document accurately and completely.
Please mail documents to:
Office of Admissions
639 38th Street
Rock Island, Ill., 61201-2296