Apply: First-year students
At Augustana College, we have a love for knowledge. Our students bring an openness to questions of all kinds and a mindset of continual growth. We know that yesterday's answers won't solve tomorrow's challenges. That's why we're working to graduate generations of scholars who will continue exploring, wondering and reimagining what's possible for decades to come.
Ready to meet the challenge? Join us as a first-year student and unleash your passionate curiosities.
Choose an application
• The Augustana Application is exclusive to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill. It is available now for students entering in fall 2021.
• The Common Application is helpful for students planning to apply to other schools using the same application.
Your application is treated the same way, no matter which application you use.
We know the COVID-19 pandemic has made college decisions harder than ever. For that reason, we've adjusted some of our admissions policies.
If you need more time, you may also wait to enroll until the spring semester. Learn more about deferred enrollment.
Pick a deadline
Early Decision: Complete your application by Nov. 1 and receive an admission decision by Nov. 15 and a financial aid decision by Dec. 1.
This is a binding commitment recommended for students who are sure to enroll if accepted. Students who choose to apply Early Decision must complete the Early Decision Agreement Form. This form is part of both the Common Application and the Augustana Application. Tuition deposits are due Jan. 15.
(Transfer students and international students may not apply for Early Decision.)
Early Action: Complete your application by Nov. 1 to receive an admission decision by Dec. 20 and financial aid decision by Feb. 1. Tuition deposits are due May 1.
Regular Decision: Complete your application by Feb. 1 and receive an admission decision by March 1. The deadline for all applications is April 1. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis starting in early January. Financial aid decisions are sent on a rolling basis beginning in early February. Tuition deposits are due May 1.
Apply for financial aid
• Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available Oct. 1. Augustana's FAFSA code is 001633. Also, complete Augustana's New Student Financial Aid Information Form, which will be available to you on the student status page after you apply for admission.
To maximize your eligibility for financial aid from all sources (including the $750 Early Filers Award from Augustana), complete the FAFSA by Nov. 1 for any of the application deadline options.
Notes and next steps
Completing your application for admission
• Have your official high school transcript sent to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill. Transfer students also will need to send official transcripts from any colleges or universities they have attended.
• Augustana College is test-optional. Standardized test scores are supplemental materials only and are not required for admission or merit-based scholarship. Applicants wishing to have ACT or SAT scores considered may self-report them on the application or have them sent directly from the testing agency (ACT code: 0946, SAT code: 1025). Test-optional applications may be asked to complete an admissions interview to help us learn more about you.
• A letter of recommendation from a teacher is encouraged, but not required. Transfer students may wish to include a personal statement outlining their reasons for transferring to Augustana (optional).
• Augustana requires a Secondary School Report (counselor report). High school students should be sure to fill out their counselor's email address in the application for admission, so the counselor will be notified to send the report.
• Schedule an admissions interview. This is optional, but encouraged for most applicants. Interviews are required for students who are homeschooled, or who opt for Early Decision. Call 309-794-7341 or contact your admissions counselor to schedule your interview.