Apply: First-year students
Choose an application
• The Augustana Application is exclusive to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill. It is available for students entering in fall 2023.
• The Common Application is helpful for students planning to apply to other schools using the same application. It is available now for students entering in fall 2023.
Your application is treated the same way, no matter which application you use.
Pick a deadline
Complete your application by Nov. 1 and receive an admission decision and a financial aid decision by Dec. 1.
→ If you apply Early Decision and are accepted, you are guaranteed a minimum of $25,000 per year.
This is a binding commitment recommended for students who are sure to enroll if accepted. Students who choose Early Decision must interview with an admissions counselor and complete the Early Decision Agreement Form. This form in their applications. Tuition deposits are due Dec. 15.
(Transfer students and international students may not apply for Early Decision.)
Apply by Nov. 1 to receive an admission decision by Dec. 20 and financial aid decision by Feb. 1. This is a non-binding application recommended for students including Augustana among their top choices
Apply by April 1; admission notifications begin in early January and financial aid notifications begin in early February — both continuing on a rolling basis.
Apply for financial aid
• Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Augustana's FAFSA code is 001633.
If you are not eligible to apply for federal aid, you can apply for all forms of state financial aid, including MAP grants, by completing the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid.
To get the most aid from all sources, including the $750 Early Filers Award from Augustana, complete the FAFSA or the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid by Nov. 15, 2021. Please also complete Augustana’s New Student Financial Aid Information Form on your Applicant Status Page online.
Notes and next steps
Completing your application for admission
• Have your official high school transcript sent to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill. Transfer students also will need to send official transcripts from any colleges or universities they have attended.
• You do not need to take the SAT or ACT or submit scores to be considered for admission or scholarships at Augustana College. (We are test-optional). Your scores will be considered supplemental materials if you self-report them or send them to Augustana directly from the testing agency (SAT code: 1025, ACT code: 0946).
• A letter of recommendation from a teacher is encouraged, but not required. Transfer students may wish to include a personal statement outlining their reasons for transferring to Augustana (optional).
• Augustana requires a Secondary School Report (counselor report). High school students should be sure to fill out their counselor's email address in the application for admission, so the counselor will be notified to send the report.
• Schedule an admissions interview. This is optional, but encouraged for most applicants. Interviews are required for students who are homeschooled, or who opt for Early Decision. Call 309-794-7341 or contact your admissions counselor to schedule your interview.