Working at Augustana has its Benefits!
In addition to competitive salaries, Augustana offers full-time employees a compensation package with a wide range of benefits:
College Provided Benefits: These benefits are provided to employees without cost or contribution from the employee. Each benefit is subject to particular waiting periods or years of service requirements.
- Retirement Plan
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan – Administered by TIAA
- New employees automatically enrolled at a 4% of their salary/wage, or can elect to defer a different percentage amount. Augustana will match the first 2% employee savings dollar for dollar.
- After 1 year of service Augustana will contribute the equivalent of 4% of base salary/wage in addition to the matching contribution for a total college contribution of 6%.
- Pre-tax or Post-tax (Roth) options available
- College contributions subject to a four-year vesting schedule
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Group Term Life and Accidental Death & Disability Insurance
- Employee Education/Tuition Benefits
- Augustana Tuition Remission
- Tuition Exchange at ELCA Colleges
- National Tuition Exchange
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to the Augustana Convenient Care Clinic
- Time-Off Benefits
- Paid Time Off (Staff and Administrative Employees only)
- Paid Holidays and Winter Break
- Life Event Pay for FMLA-qualifying events
- Short Term Disability
- Access to campus athletic facilities (pool, weight room, cardio equipment etc.)
- Admission to on-campus athletic events
- Library privileges
- Free on campus parking
- Free public transportation through Metro Link bus service
- Employee discount at the Augustana Bookstore and local businesses
Voluntary Benefits: These benefits are funded in part or entirely by employee premiums and are available to employees who choose to participate.
- Group Health Insurance Plans
- Traditional Plan (PPO) or High Deductible Plan (HDHP)
- A portion of the premium is paid by Augustana and varies depending on the plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health and Dependent Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Available to those enrolled in the high deductible health plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Term-Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness & Critical LifeEvents Insurance
Faculty Development & Funding Opportunities: We invest in faculty growth and development so you can pursue your professional goals as they evolve throughout your Augustana career.
- New Faculty Orientation and New Faculty Mentoring Circle: The New Faculty Orientation helps introduce faculty to Augustana College and faculty life before classes even start. Our year-long New Faculty Mentoring Circle provides ongoing support, community building, and development opportunities to welcome all new faculty to the Augustana community. Additionally, first-year tenure-track faculty are paired with a senior faculty mentor from outside their department.
- Center for Faculty Enrichment (CFE): The CFE coordinates professional development opportunities for all Augustana faculty through programming, workshops, individual consultations, and other activities.
- Professional Meeting Allowance (PMA): PMA supports faculty participation in off-campus professional conferences. All full-time faculty members are eligible for annual funding to assist with direct costs for attending off-campus or virtual professional meetings or for registration for an online webinar. Supplemental PMA funding is also available to tenure-track faculty presenting at conferences.
- New Faculty Research Awards: Tenure-track faculty members can apply for up to $4,000 per year to support their research in their first three years of service to Augustana. Additional bridge funding may be available for faculty with significant start-up costs for their scholarship.
- Pre-tenure Research Leaves & Sabbaticals: Tenure-track faculty members are eligible for a one-semester paid research leave typically during their third year at the College. Tenured faculty members are eligible for paid sabbatical leaves to pursue scholarly work every seven years.
- Grants to Support Teaching: Grants from sources like the Humanities Fund, Academic Initiatives Fund, and others support all faculty in implementing high impact learning experiences in their classes and developing as excellent teachers.
Grants to Support Scholarship: Multiple funding opportunities are available for faculty research and scholarship. Augustana also provides robust funding to support student research experiences with faculty members through Augie Choice and the Student Research Committee.