Skip to main content

Facilities work orders

The Facilities Services work order system allows our faculty, staff and students to submit work requests, check on the status of their work requests and receive communication emails of any status change to a work order. 

Work orders must be submitted online, except in the event of emergency.


Emergencies include a major water leak, sewer back-up, and other safety-related issues.

If you have an emergency during working hours (Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.), call Facilities at 309-794-7278.

If you have an emergency, a lack of heating or air conditioning, or a tripped breaker after hours or on weekends, call Police and Public Safety at 309-794-7711.

To report gas odor, call Police and Public Safety immediately at 309-794-7711.

Submit a work order

Please note that emails, phone calls, text messages and verbal requests in non-emergency situations
will not be accepted. Requests will only be fulfilled if a work order is submitted online.

Work order requests:

  • Building services: Custodial duties, pest control, residential lightbulb changes, bloodborne clean-up, office and furniture moves, recycling and trash pick-up, etc.
  • Electrical: Outlet not working, burned-out light ballast, or problems with exhaust fans, stoves, smoke detectors, fire alarms and fire extinguishers.
  • Grounds: Landscaping, lawn maintenance, tree issues, snow removal, etc.
  • Mechanical & HVAC: Heating and air conditioning problems, plumbing problems (water leaks in showers and toilets), etc.
  • Motor pool: College-owned vehicle maintenance and repair, grounds equipment maintenance and repair, etc.
  • Structural: Repairs to windows, floors and ceilings, roofs, doors, stairs, etc., in a college-owned building.

Submit a work order

(Step-by-step instructions)

Other requests

Any requests for beds, washers, dryers, WiFi, Ethernet, campus phones, or event set-ups submitted into the Facilities Services work order system will be declined.

You must submit these requests to the correct departments:

  • To report issues with a bed, contact Bed Lofts.
  • To report problems with WiFi, Ethernet (including Ethernet ports) and campus phones, contact the ITS Helpdesk.
  • To request room reservations and event set-up (including use of tables, chairs, stages, etc.), contact the scheduling office.
  • To report issues with washers and dryers, contact Residential Life.