Closing and move-out information
All residence halls and Transitional Living Areas close at noon on Friday, May 18, 2018. Students are expected to move out within 24 hours of their last exam. Students must return their keys to their CAs and return their rooms to check-in condition.
• Staff will be available at the front desk of each residence hall from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday, May 15, through Thursday, May 17; and from 8 a.m.-noon on Friday, May 18.
• TLA residents can call 309-732-3860 or visit the Swanson desk to check out.
• Any students who want to check out at another time should contact their CAs.
Students who participate in Commencement activities may remain in their on-campus housing until noon on Monday, May 21.
Students staying on campus for the summer, or TLA residents who have a lease in the Quad Cities beginning June 1, may request transition housing through June 1. The cost is $170.
When possible, students will be allowed to stay in their spring housing assignment during the transition period. However, students may be reassigned during this time. Please use this form to request transition housing no later than May 16. Contact Residential Life if you have questions.
Students who plan to stay in the Quad Cities during the summer months may live on campus. More information about summer housing options is available here. Please see the Summer Housing page to apply.
Summer storage is available to students living more than 400 miles from campus who will be living on campus in the fall. Storage is limited to three sealed boxes per student.
Students may deposit items in storage from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday the week of spring exams.
Those needing to store items at other times should contact the Office of Residential Life at 309-794-2686 to arrange a time.
Items in storage will be delivered to student rooms before fall move-in. More information about summer storage is available here.
Drop-off locations will be available in the lobbies of the residence halls for students wishing to donate clothing, non-perishable food, electronics, or other goods. Please continue to take all trash and recycling to the appropriate dumpster.
Tips to avoid billing at move-out
- Start cleaning and packing early.
- Return your key. Make sure to check out with your CA when you are leaving and return your key before you go.
- Work with your roommates to make sure shared spaces get cleaned. Damage billing will be shared in common areas unless someone claims responsibility.
- Take all trash to the dumpsters. Any trashed removed from the building by staff will be billed to the room or floor where it was found.
- Donate. There will be drop-off locations available for any clean, unwanted, reusable clothing, goods, or non-perishable food.
- Return furniture to its original configuration. If you removed or dismantled any furniture, make sure it gets put back where you found it when you moved in.