New employee checklist
We are thrilled to welcome you to Augustana as our newest colleague. This checklist will help you keep track of what will be needed for your first day on campus. It contains many of the items that you’ll need to complete prior to your first day of employment as well as information for decisions that you’ll make during your benefits enrollment meetings.
First day items
In order to start your employment, you’ll need to bring along these items and will meet with a member of the HR team on your first day. If you are not able to locate these items, please notify us ASAP so we can reschedule your start date.
- I-9 form and documents. Most employees will satisfy this requirement with an unexpired passport or a Social Security Card and driver’s license. Other documents that will satisfy the requirements can be found at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents
- State withholding form (fill out for Iowa or Illinois)
- Federal withholding form
- Direct deposit form
- Mandated reporter acknowledgement form
- Employee Information form
- Handbook Acknowledgement form. You can review the employee handbook here. The handbook has lots of information for new employees about policies and other facts about working at Augustana.
During your first week of employment (usually on your first day), you’ll meet with our benefits and leave specialist to make decisions about your benefit package. During your meeting you will need to be prepared to provide:
- Decision on enrollment levels (waive, single coverage, employee +1, or family coverage) for:
- Medical/health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Medical or dependent flexible spending account participation
- Health savings account participation
- Optional term life insurance
- Optional accidentinsurance, critical illness insurance and universal life insurance
- Name, date of birth and Social Security numbers for yourself and any spouse or dependents you wish to enroll in health, dental or vision insurance
- Beneficiary information including name, date of birth and social security number(s) for those you designate as beneficiaries for life insurance and retirement benefits.
- Decision on participation level for retirement savings. You automatically will be enrolled in 4 percent of your pre‐tax earnings.
- Withholding amounts for medical or dependent care flexible spending accounts
- If you participated in a past employer sponsored retirement plan or employer provided long-term disability plan, proof will be required to waive the Augustana waiting period for these benefits.
Once you arrive on campus, we will provide you with additional information on accessing the Augustana network, email system and many other details related to your employment.