Campus briefing March 11, 2021
Changes in pandemic guidelines
March 11, 2021
Augustana President Steve Bahls and Dean of Students Wes Brooks updated campus on March 11, 2021, about changes in COVID-19 guidelines. A video recording is available.
• Classes will be in-person this fall.
• Those who will be on campus in the next academic year should act on the guidance of health officials, who strongly encourage people to get the vaccine when it's available to them.
• The policy for visitors in residence hall rooms has been changed to allow one guest per host. Previously, it was one guest per room. This means that roommates each may have a guest in their shared room. Visitors must be Augustana students.
• Employees who have been working home during the pandemic will return to work on campus in the coming weeks and months.
• Campus Recreation has begun a trial period of offering open rec basketball under COVID-19 guidelines. (See details)
• Separate live commencements ceremonies will be held May 23 for the graduating classes of 2020 and 2021.
As of today, the State of Illinois will not permit large indoor gatherings. Although conditions may change and regulations change by May, as of now college officials are planning outdoor commencement ceremonies in the Knowlton Outdoor Athletic Complex. Students and families will be updated as planning proceeds.