The future asks for innovation, and Augustana responds
In 2016-17, college leaders from more than 120 colleges and universities around the country participated in “Securing America’s Future” workshops hosted by the Council of Independent Colleges. The goal of the workshops was to explore societal trends and some of the innovative ways that colleges and universities are approaching the future of higher education.
In their new report, Augustana College stands out for innovation in the following areas, and more:
• Augie Choice and CORE (Careers, Opportunities, Research, Exploration)
• New academic programs such as data analytics and entertainment & media industries
• Our “dynamic relationship” with Deere & Company
• Community-based projects involving students and faculty through the Upper Mississippi Center
• Sustainability efforts in dining services
From going tray-less in our dining center, to using the career-building resource of the neighboring John Deere World Headquarters, Augustana pushes innovation for the future.