How to make a Reading/Writing Center appointment
How to make a Reading/Writing Center appointment (via Starfish)
2. In the search bar, type "rwc".
3. Select "Learning Commons: Reading/Writing Center."
4. Click the blue "Schedule Appointment" button.
5. Select either "In-person appointment" or "Feedback via email (non-interactive)."
- In-person appointments with peer or faculty tutors are 40 minutes long and are ideal for brainstorming and early-stage drafting, ready-related sessions, or just having a friendly conversation about all things reading/writing.
- Feedback via email is a good option for those who aren't available during RWC open hours or who would prefer to communicate via writing rather than face-to-face.
6. Using the calendar at the top left, select a date.
7. On the right-hand side, choose your appointment time and the tutor with whom you’d like to work. Click "Continue."
8. Click "Add a course" and select the course the assignment is for.
9. In the box below that, type a brief note to let us know what you hope to accomplish in the session.
10. Click the "Confirm" button.
You will receive a confirmation email with your appointment details.
- If you requested an In-person appointment, bring a laptop with you if possible, and be ready to share the assignment prompt and draft (if applicable) with your tutor via Google Docs. The RWC is located in Gerber 423.
- If you requested Feedback via email (non-interactive), please share your draft assignment prompt, and revision priorities with the tutor by filling out this short form ASAP.
If you need to cancel your appointment:
1. Sign into Starfish, if necessary.
2. Click the menu icon in the top left corner.
3. Select "Upcoming."
4. Click the "more" icon in the lower right-hand corner of the appointment details.
5. Click “Cancel appointment.”
If you have trouble setting up or canceling your appointment, call 309-794-8987 or email email@example.com.
Reading/Writing Center hours
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Sunday: 7-9 p.m.