How to make a Reading/Writing Center appointment
How to make a Reading/Writing Center appointment (via Starfish)
2. In the search bar, type "rwc".
3. Select "Learning Commons: Reading/Writing Center."
4. Click the blue "Schedule Appointment" button.
5. Select either "Feedback via email (non-interactive)" or "Live video chat via Google Meet.
- Live video chats are up to an hour long and are ideal for reading-related sessions, brainstorming and early-stage drafting, or just having a friendly conversation about all things reading/writing.
- Feedback via email is good for those who aren't available during RWC open hours, whose technology may be unreliable, or who would prefer to communicate via writing rather than face-to-face.
6. Using the calendar at the top left, select a date.
7. On the right-hand side, choose your appointment time and the tutor with whom you’d like to work. Click "Continue."
8. Click "Add a course" and select the course the assignment is for.
9. In the box below that, type a brief note to let us know what you hope to accomplish in the session.
10. Click the "Confirm" button.
You will receive a confirmation email with your appointment details.
- If you requested a Live video chat via Google Meet, stay tuned for a link to your Google Meet session.
- If you requested Feedback via email (non-interactive), please share your draft assignment prompt, and revision priorities with the tutor by filling out this short form ASAP.
If you need to cancel your appointment:
1. Sign into Starfish, if necessary.
2. Click the menu icon in the top left corner.
3. Select "Upcoming."
4. Click the "more" icon in the lower right-hand corner of the appointment details.
5. Click “Cancel appointment.”
If you have trouble setting up or canceling your appointment, call 309-794-8987 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reading/Writing Center hours
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Sunday: 7-9 p.m.