Missing your Augustana Dining favorites? We'll be helping you bring a little taste of home, well... home!
Squash Pear Bisque
1 1/3 sticks butter
5.5 oz flour
15 oz canned pumpkin (unsweetened)
15 oz sliced pears
1 1/3 c heavy cream
1 1/3 c yellow onion, chopped
1 c carrots, chopped
6 c vegetable broth
1 t black pepper
2 t kosher salt
1 T dried sage
2 t sugar
Dash of Augie Spirit
1. Make a roux with butter and flour in soup pan.
2. Add onions and carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
3. Add in water and vegetable broth, stirring well to incorporate roux. There should be no lumps from the roux.
4. Add in pears (including juice) and roasted squash.
5. Bring to a boil to thicken.
6. Using a stick mixer or food processor, puree soup until smooth. There should be no chunks.
7. Add heavy cream, salt, pepper, sugar and sage. Mix to combine.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.