Augustana students and graduates of the last decade are invited to enter a contest to create artwork for the new Peter J. Lindberg, M.D., Center for Health and Human Performance.
The architects on the Lindberg Center — now under construction — are looking for two people who want to influence the design of two kinesiology lab spaces in the building.
Contestants may create art that includes photos and/or drawings. The work will be produced to hang as vinyl graphics to promote the spirit of learning in the new building.
Submissions due by midnight June 22. Each person may submit one work. Entries should be sent to Dr. Shaun Edmonds, professor of kinesiology.
Work will be judged by a panel of faculty and campus employees.
The panel of reviewers will look for artwork that:
• Makes a positive statement about the study of kinesiology, health and/or human performance
• Invokes curiosity and/or sparks joy in an intelligent, thoughtful way
• Reflects the college's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Incorporates the college's colors of blue and gold
Two people will be selected to receive $100, as an award and gift of thanks. In addition the winners' names will be displayed alongside the final art they inspire for the Lindberg building.
Those submitting concepts for this project do so with the knowledge that the two pieces which are selected will become the property of the college, and that Augustana can use the winning submissions in part or in full.
• Vector files (Illustrator) work best, but if images are embedded, they need to be placed at full size with a minimum of 100 dpi
• Bitmap images created in Photoshop need to be at 100% with 100 dpi minimum
• When using text, all fonts need to be outlined
• All files need to be in CMYK mode