The Augustana Percussion Ensemble will take a historical journey from traditional drumming with fifes up to the most contemporary sounds.
• Traditional fife & drum tunes: "The Three Camps" and "The Downfall of Paris"
• Adagio from Saint-Saens Symphony No. 3
• Toccata for Percussion by Carloz Chavez
• Three Poems for Five Brake Drums and Narrator by Stuart Saunders Smith
• Stained Glass by David Gillingham
The ensemble is a chamber group that performs music specifically written for the percussion ensemble from 1930 to the present. Dr. Tony Oliver directs the ensemble.
The ensemble’s concerts present a mix of musical styles — from light to serious to “out there” — and participants play traditional and non-traditional percussion instruments of all kinds. The group serves as a place of additional training for the percussionists in Augustana’s larger ensembles, and as a percussive outlet to anyone on campus interested in percussion or percussion music.
Bergendoff Hall of Fine Arts
3701 7th Ave.
Rock Island, IL 61201