Gerry and Morris M. Geifman Scholarship
The Gerry and Morris M. Geifman Scholarship was established in 2016 by the Center for the Study of Judaism and Jewish Culture in honor of the Geifmans. The scholarship is funded by their generous gift to Augustana College.
The scholarship provides recognition and financial assistance of $1,000 each year to a student in any major who is enrolled full-time at Augustana College and who declares Judaism as his/her religion and/or family background. The scholarship is based on academic merit (not need) and the recommendation of the faculty members of the Center for the Study of Judaism and Jewish Culture.
The scholarship may be renewed yearly provided that the conditions of eligibility are met and funds are available. Faculty members of the Center for the Study of Judaism and Jewish Culture review the renewal eligibility requirements.
The scholarship is awarded to students entering Augustana in even-numbered years. The deadline is Friday, March 8, 2024.
- Official high school transcripts
- Official acceptance at Augustana College
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or other non-family member who knows the student well
- These materials must be submitted electronically to Dr. Janina Ehrlich, director of the Center for the Study of Judaism and Jewish Culture. The application deadline is March 8, 2024.
- A brief virtual or live meeting with the Center director is required. An appointment may be arranged by contacting Dr. Janina Ehrlich.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.0
- Maintain full-time status
- Participate in Augustana Hillel