Arrival and move-in information for international students
Note that move-in protocols will be different based on your vaccination status. Be sure to complete the travel plans form as well as the vaccination status form by August 12, 2021, to help OISSS make arrangements for your arrival.
Arrival August 18-19, 2021
OISSS staff members and Global Ambassadors will be at the Quad Cities International Airport to welcome you. Look for the Augie “A” sign by baggage claim (see airport map).
If you do not arrive at the Quad Cities International Airport, please refer to section “Arrival by car/bus.”
If you are fully vaccinated:
Fully vaccinated students do not need to quarantine upon arrival.
If you arrive between 9 a.m.-midnight on August 18 or 19, Augustana staff will transport you from the airport to campus. You will be dropped off at the residence hall Swanson Commons to pick up your room key, International Student Orientation (ISO) folder, linens and a welcome bag. Once you have dropped off your luggage in your room, follow the ISO schedule in your welcome folder. If you arrive before August 18 or after August 19, please refer to section “Early/late arrival.”
If you are not fully vaccinated:
Students who are not fully vaccinated are required to quarantine for 7 days.
- Holiday Inn-Rock Island: Our team will welcome you by baggage claim. The Holiday Inn Rock Island shuttle bus will transport you to the hotel. Pick up your room keys in the front lobby and check in with a Global Ambassador. You will receive the International Student Orientation (ISO) folder, linens and a welcome bag. Once you have dropped off your luggage in your room, follow the ISO schedule in your welcome folder. If you arrive before August 18 or after August 19, please refer to section “Early/late arrival.”
- family or relatives in the United States
- on campus: This option is only available if you live in a TLA. If you have questions, contact residence life at email@example.com.
Early/late arrival (before Aug. 18 or after Aug. 19)
Please note: Augustana staff will not be at the airport to greet you or arrange transportation to campus/the hotel. If you have completed the travel form, you will be able to check in to the Holiday Inn-Rock Island. If you are not fully vaccinated, you need to quarantine for 7 days at the hotel.
Transportation to hotel Holiday Inn-Rock Island:
Pick up your bags at baggage claim and go outside to the shuttle/taxi area. Use the Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities shuttle bus (runs every 15 minutes) to get to the hotel.
If you encounter any issues, call the hotel at (+1) 309-794-1212 or use the “chat” function.
If you are fully vaccinated and arrive after August 19, you can travel directly to campus to check in to your residence hall by using Uber, Lyft or local taxi company Lucky Cab (+1 309-788-8182).
Arrival August 20-21: Go directly to Swanson Commons (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
Arrival August 22-29: Go directly to your assigned residence hall (8 a.m.-midnight)
Arrival by car/bus
Arrival by car
If you are fully vaccinated, you can go directly to campus to check in to your residence hall:
August 18-19: Go directly to Swanson Commons (8 a.m.-midnight)
August 20-21: Go directly to Swanson Commons (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
August 22-29: Go directly to your assigned residence hall (8 a.m.-midnight)
If you are not fully vaccinated, a 7-day quarantine is required. If you have completed the travel form, you will be able to check in to the Holiday Inn-Rock Island, 226 17th Street, Rock Island, IL, 61201.
Arrival by bus
If you are using the Burlington Trailways bus, you will exit at the Augustana College stop by Carver Center (next to the football field). If you arrive August 18-19, Global Ambassadors will welcome you and help you get to your room. If you are fully vaccinated, you will go to your residence hall. If you are not fully vaccinated, you will go to the Holiday Inn-Rock Island for a 7-day quarantine.
Additional information and resources
- Bring all relevant travel documents (original and copies)
- Augustana College admission acceptance documents
- personal ID
- health insurance cards/documents
- travel insurance information
- travel and reservations itineraries
- transportation tickets
- emergency contacts and important addresses (home country and Augustana)
- Review Augustana's current COVID-19 policies
- International COVID-19 levels, state travel advisories and CDC guidelines
- U.S. embassy COVID pages