Guidance for students for fall 2020: Being on campus
Here are Augustana's expectations for students in the fall semester 2020, regarding COVID-19:
• Students must complete COVID-19 educational training before coming to campus.As part of the training, they will be asked to sign the Augie Allies pledge indicating their commitment to follow the college's guidelines.
• Masks are required in all common areas of campus. Students will be required to wears masks in the residence halls outside their rooms. See Face coverings for details.
• Students must commit to socializing in ways that allow for physical distancing and group sizes of fewer than 50 people, and whenever possible, fewer than 30.
• Students are expected to adhere to the limited visitor policy in the residence halls.
• To inform the college if they are ill, students should use the Starfish flag “I’m not feeling well” or “Notifying the Dean of Students Office I missed class.” They also are encouraged to email Residential Life staff, professors and Associate Dean of Students Laura Schnack
• Students must follow the quarantine and isolation process.
COVID-19 training will be provided by Get Inclusive. The training is designed to cultivate a culture of awareness and care, develop new habit formation, encourage harm reduction for self and others, and address the importance of a commitment to personal responsibility.
Students will receive information through their Augustana email by detailing how to access this training and complete it.
Students must complete the training by 4:30 p.m. CST Aug. 29 to participate in in-person classes during the fall semester.
Students will receive a welcome kit when they arrive on campus. Kits will include three reusable face masks, a face mask hook for comfort, a face shield, a reusable water bottle, one small sanitizer, a thermometer and educational items about COVID-19.