Declaration of Candidacy for Graduation
College Policy - Students are required to apply to graduate through Arches at least one term before the term of graduation. However, students may be restricted from registration prior to this date for failure to apply for graduation.
This is the list of students who have completed an application to graduate during the 2017 - 2018 academic year: Graduation Candidates
1. If your name is not listed, you must apply online through Arches. Applications may be submitted up to three terms (including Summer Term) prior to the intended term of graduation, but not later than one term prior to the date of graduation. Seniors who have not applied to graduate will have their accounts restricted starting in fall term to assure they are aware of their outstanding degree requirements. See the Academic Calendar for these dates and Arches for the application. (https://webadvisor.augustana.edu)
2. Students should check the Program Evaluation now to see that they are on track with all degree requirements. Students may not declare majors or minors during the final term of enrollment. (Note: AAUN and BUAD are not graduation majors.)
3. If you intend to graduate fall or winter term 2017-18, or summer 2018 of fall 2018 you may be recognized at the Annual Convocation in May. The following guidelines for participation in the Convocation apply:
- You must apply for graduation and your intention to participate in the Annual Convocation by Thursday, February 15, 2018.
- You will be restricted from registration prior to the date above without proper communciation with the Office of the Registrar
- You must have earned a minimum of 91 credts through Winter Term 2017 - 2018.
- You must have declared an eligible graduation major (AAUN, BUSN and all advising-only majors do not qualify.)
4. Students may not graduate with an incomplete "I" or "IP" on theri record for a course that counts towards the 123 neccessary credits required to graduate.
5. Students are eligible to participate in only one commencement ceremony. Participation includes the name of the candidate appearing in one program, having the candiadte's name read during the ceremony and/or marching across the stage during the ceremony. Students may not have their name appear in more than one ceremony.
Note: The responsibility for understanding and meeting the degree requirements rests entirely with the student.