How to apply to Augustana College
Choose an application
• The Common Application is helpful for students planning to apply to other schools using the same application. It is available now.
• The Augustana Application is exclusive to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill.
Your application is treated the same way, no matter which application you use.
Pick a deadline
Early Decision: Complete your application by Nov. 1 and receive an admission decision by Nov. 15. This is a binding commitment recommended for students who are sure to enroll if accepted. Students who choose to apply Early Decision must complete the Early Decision Agreement Form. The form is part of both the Common Application and the Augustana Application.
Early Action: Apply by Nov. 1 and receive an admission decision Dec. 1–15.
Regular Decision: Apply by April 1; admission notifications begin in mid-December, on a rolling basis.
Notes and next steps
• Have your official high school transcript sent to Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois.
• Augustana requires a Secondary School Report (or counselor report). Be sure to fill out your high school counselor's email address in your application for admission, so he or she will be notified to send the report.
• Send Augustana’s Office of Admissions a letter of recommendation from a teacher (optional, but encouraged).
• Submit ACT/SAT scores, or choose not to. Read Augustana's test-optional policy.
• Schedule an admissions interview. This is required for students who are homeschooled, or who opt for Early Decision or who apply test-optional. Interviews are highly recommended for all applicants.
Students may interview on campus, at Augustana's Chicagoland Office, or via Skype. Schedule an interview at 309-794-7341 or 1-800-798-8100, ext. 7341. Many students combine an interview with a campus visit.
Questions? Call 309-794-7341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.