How to apply to Augustana
Choose an application
• The Common Application is helpful for students planning to apply to other schools using the same application.
• The Augustana Application is exclusive to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill.
Your application is treated the same way, no matter which application you use.
Pick a deadline
Early decision: Complete your application by Nov. 1 and receive an admission decision by Nov. 15. This is a binding commitment recommended for students who are sure to enroll if accepted. Students who choose to apply Early Decision must complete the Early Decision Agreement Form. The form is part of both the Common Application and the Augustana Application. Tuition deposits are due Jan. 15.
(Transfer students may not apply for early decision.)
Early action: Apply by Nov. 1 and receive an admission decision Dec. 1–15. Tuition deposits are due May 1.
Regular decision: Apply by April 1; admission notifications begin in mid-December, on a rolling basis. Tuition deposits are due May 1.
Notes and next steps
• Have your official high school transcript sent to Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois. Transfer students also will need to send official transcripts from any colleges or universities they attended.
• Submit ACT/SAT scores, or choose not to. Read Augustana's test-optional policy.
• Letters of recommendations from a guidance counselor and one teacher are recommended, but not required. Transfer students may wish to include a personal statement outlining their reasons for transferring to Augustana (optional).
• Augustana requires a Secondary School Report (counselor report). High school students should be sure to fill out their counselor's email address in the application for admission, so he or she will be notified to send the report.
• Schedule an admissions interview. This is optional, but encouraged for most applicants. Interviews are required for students who are homeschooled, or who opt for early decision, or who apply test-optional.
Interview on campus, at Augustana's Chicagoland Office, or via Skype. Call 309-794-7341 to schedule. Many students interview during a campus visit.
Questions? Call 309-794-7341 or email email@example.com.
- Africana Studies
- Art History
- Asian Studies
- Business Administration
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Management & Forestry
- Environmental Studies
- German Studies
- Graphic Design
- International Business
- Landscape Architecture
- Latin American Studies
- Medieval & Renaissance Studies
- Multimedia Journalism
- Political science
- Pre-Library Science
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-physician assistant
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Public health
- Scandinavian Studies
- Women's and gender studies
- World Literature