Schedule a visit
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
10 a.m. Campus tour
11:30 a.m. Information session
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Augustana offers three kinds of visits:
1. Individual visits: Each visit is customized to the student's interest. Tour campus, observe a class, meet a professor, coach, admissions, financial aid and other staff, go to a music or athletic practice, eat a cafeteria lunch and more. Available all year.
Starting May 1 of your junior year in high school, you also may schedule an admissions interview on this visit.
2. Special visit days: Combine the best of an individual visit with some of our special admissions events. These include:
- Fall Visit Days (for high school students)
- Weekday Visit Days (for high school students)
- Transfer Fridays (for transfer students)
- Open House and Scholarship Competition (for applied high school seniors)
- Overnights (for admitted high school seniors and transfer students)
- It Begins with "A" (for admitted high school seniors and transfer students)
- Spring Preview Days (suggested for sophomores and juniors)
- Summer Visit Days (for high school and transfer students)
3. Group visits: Come with a school group, team, church or other organization. Tour of campus, presentations by admissions and/or financial assistance, college search workshop. Other options may include tours of the art museum, cadaver lab and geology museum, campus nature walk, library research lesson and more.
Get the most from your visit
The best time for an individual visit is on a weekday while classes are in session. This allows you the most options for visiting classes, meeting faculty and sampling student life.
We highly recommend including an admissions interview. Typically scheduled during an individual visit after May 1 of a student's junior year, students meet one-on-one with an admissions counselor. Interviews are available Monday-Friday.
For the best opportunities on campus we often suggest avoiding: Finals weeks and breaks. See our academic calendar for this year's schedule. Be sure to check our calendar for other special events you wouldn't want to miss.
If it's raining or snowing, campus tours will continue. In case of lightning or severe weather, tours will not go out or will end as soon as the conditions begin. Proper precautions, such as a shortened tour, might be also be taken in the event of extreme temperatures.
In general, the college's operations will continue in all but the most severe weather.
- Africana Studies
- Art History
- Asian Studies
- Business Administration
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Communication Studies
- Creative Writing
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Management & Forestry
- Environmental Studies
- Graphic Design
- International Business
- Landscape Architecture
- Latin American Studies
- Medieval & Renaissance Studies
- Multimedia Journalism
- Political science
- Pre-Library Science
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-physician assistant
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Public health
- Scandinavian Studies
- Women's and gender studies
- World Literature