Physical therapy guaranteed admission program
Applicants who meet the following requirements are reviewed by Washington University's Program in Physical Therapy (WUPT) Admissions Committee. A maximum of three students will be automatically accepted into the program. Those students who do not meet
the requirements listed below will be reviewed under the standard admissions process established by The Program.
Students applying to WUPT under this agreement must meet the following criteria:
- Receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology or Psychology from Augustana College.
- Have a 3.5 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in math/science and prerequisite courses. Majority of prerequisites should be completed at Augustana College. Courses completed at other accredited academic institutions will be accepted.
- Earn a 155 on both the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE.
- Have a 4.5 or higher on analytical writing section of GRE.
- Submit three favorable letters of recommendation, one of which must come from a Biology or Psychology faculty member.
- Complete the requisite courses and degree by matriculation into the professional curriculum in physical therapy at Washington University.
- Submit a completed application by October 1st of the year proceeding the desired year of admission. NOTE: Dr. Scott Gehler must be notified prior to this date of your intentions to apply to the guaranteed admissions program as he is required to send a notification of intent to the admissions committee.