Salt Lake City Workshop
The 30th annual Swedish American Genealogist Workshop will be held in Salt Lake City October 25 - November 1, 2020
Note: the 2020 SAG Workshop is now full and has a waiting list
Meet us in Salt Lake City and spend six days in the Latter-Day Saints' Family History Library researching your family history in Swedish records. Our expert staff of Swedish researchers will guide you, and you will have the option to attend one or two daily lectures that we and the Family History Library staff will provide about various Swedish genealogical and historical topics.
- Jill Seaholm
- Head of Genealogical Services, Swenson Center, Workshop organizer
- Elisabeth Thorsell
- Former Editor of Swedish American Genealogist and award-winning genealogist
- Mike Swanson
- Assistant Archivist, Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota
- Ulf Berggren
- Self-employed genealogist, teacher of genealogy courses in blacksmiths and old handwriting
- Geoffrey Fröberg Morris
- Editor of Swedish American Genealogist, Accredited Genealogist, head of Nordic staff at the Family History Library
- Wilma Svedin Larson
- Accredited Genealogist, retired Nordic staff at the Family History Library
- Eva Dahlberg
- Skåne and Norrbotten Research, VP of DIS computer genealogy society in Sweden
The Workshop fee includes seven nights at the conveniently-located Salt Lake Plaza Hotel and transfers between the hotel and the SLC airport. Transportation to SLC is your own responsibility. There will be a Welcome Reception at the beginning and a Farewell Reception at the end of the week. One dinner will be provided for the entire group; then you are free to find the rest of your meals on your own or with your new Workshop friends. There are small microwave ovens, refrigerators, and coffee makers in every guest room at the Plaza.
The library and hotel lie back-to-back in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. You will be within walking distance of Temple Square and steps away from a light rail station that can take you to a variety of shops, restaurants, and sites.
The Workshop is open to subscribers of our quarterly journal Swedish American Genealogist. Paid subscribers are mailed Workshop reservation forms in the early spring upon request.
The SAG quarterly was founded in 1981 by the late Nils William Olsson. He began the genealogy workshop in Salt Lake City in 1991, it was carried on for ten years by two of his children, Karna Olsson and Christopher Olsson, and the Workshop continues today (since 2008) under the direction of Jill Seaholm and the Swenson Center. Contact Jill for information about this year's Workshop.
Photos from some previous years' workshops can be found here.
Please join us!