Augustana College Blue & Gold Certificate Program
To view the workshops that are currently scheduled, please visit the ITS training page: www.augustana.edu/x16363.xml.
The Blue and Gold Certification program is designed to encourage and recognize updated technology skills among Augustana employees, and is available at no charge.
- Courses are offered at various times throughout the academic year. Classes will include no more than 20 people (though most are smaller).
- Classes are also available though Lynda.com, a video-based online learning resource. You may sign up for your free account with your Augustana email address from an on-campus computer at iplogin.lynda.com. If a course is completed in Lynda you must notify Wendy Ramsdale so it can be noted that you completed a requirement.
Note: As long as the course is completed blue and gold credit is earned. Lynda offers many other courses than what are included in the certification requirements. If you feel there is another course that is useful to your position contact Wendy Ramsdale at x8092.
Certificate requirements include:
Prerequisites to enter the Blue & Gold Certificate Program:
(can be demonstrated or completed via a course)
- Computer Basics
- Introduction to Office 2010
Completion of five core courses:
(Each course will be offered at least once per term)
- Microsoft Word Beginning
- Microsoft Word Intermediate
- Excel Basics
- PowerPoint, Beginner Level
- Google Apps Overview (E-Mail, Calendar, and Drive)
Completion of three or more electives:
(Each course will be offered at least once per year)
- Excel Intermediate
- Google Drive
- Google Forms
- Google Sites
- Access Basics
- CMS Basics
- Moodle Basics
- Mac Basics
- Hardware Troubleshooting
- PowerPoint Intermediate
- Supporting a Smart Classroom
- Basic Photo Editing
- Intermediate Photo Editing - With Pixlr Editor
- Advanced Photo Editing
- iMovie '09
Those completing the program will be recognized and encouraged to begin the recertification process. The ITS department provides a full listing of course offerings, descriptions, and calendar of events through email and on the ITS training page: www.augustana.edu/x16363.xml.