Changing Your Password
- How to change your email password
- Log into your email
- Click on your username at the top right corner of the window
- Choose Account
- Choose Security
- Click Change password
- Fill out the form and click Change password
- How to change your network and Arches (formerly WebAdvisor) password when logging into a campus computer (only works on PCs - Macs should use the next technique)
Note: You may want to write down the following instructions because you won't be able to see them when you are in the process.
- Press ctrl + alt + delete on your keybord (at the same time)
- Press Change a password...
- Fill out the form and press enter on your keyboard
To change your network, Arches (formerly WebAdvisor), and Moodle password click the Change Your Password link near the top right corner of the Arches main page or the Change Your Password link in the Moodle navigation pane.
If you are off campus and need to have your password changed contact the helpdesk @ (309)794-7293 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Passwords are used to control access to Augustana College systems, networks, applications, accounts, and data. A compromised password puts a user's email and files at risk, and may expose sensitive or confidential personal information residing on College information systems. All users are responsible for taking the appropriate steps to select and secure their passwords.
ITS will require password changes across campus [Faculty, Staff, Administrators and Students] at the beginning of every term. Below are the guidelines for the Password Policy for Augustana College.
- Network passwords will be required to have a minimum of 8 characters and must have at least one letter and one number.
- The password history will be set to 3 passwords. This means that you cannot use a one of the last three passwords when changing your password.
- Administration and Staff accounts are disabled on the last day of employment.
- Faculty accounts are disabled on June 30th following academic year.
Passwords can be changed once a day.
- Passwords expire every 180 days. We ask that students and faculty that will be going on foreign term to change their passwords before they leave so they are in the clear until they get back to campus.
- Users who are locked out due to an expired password will need to go to the helpdesk with a photo ID to get their accounts reactivated.
- Students on a foreign with an expired password will need to have a professor email the helpdesk to request the password be reset. Students will then be prompted to change their password on their next login.
- Non-returning student accounts are disabled on day 10 of next academic trimester.
- Graduated student accounts are rolled over to alumni status on June 30th. Graduated students email accounts are not deleted.
Systems that will be affected by the network password change are:
- Intranet web access (logging into campus computers)
- Arches (formerly WebAdvisor)
Note: If a program you are using requires a password and is not listed above we strongly advise you to make sure the user passwords for these systems are changed every 180 days.