- Double check that your jack is connected correctly (see picture)
- Check that you are connecting with the correct cable. (see picture)
- Try to disable your firewall. Most firewalls can be disabled by right clicking on the icon shown in the bottom right side of your screen
- Check with your neighbors. If they are having issues, most likely it is not your computer but a network problem.
- Were you prompted to re-start your computer? If you were not, you quit too soon. When the process is completed you will be prompted to re-start your computer.
- Clear your cache. This can be done by opening up Internet Explorer. Under the tools menu select “Internet Options”. Next click on “delete cookies” then “delete files” (be sure and click onto option to delete all off-line content).
- If you are still having issues, contact the helpdesk at x7293 or Student Computing Coordinator at x8092.
Look for the "AugieWiFi" SSID in these locations and more. For the most up to date list of campus buildings with WiFi, click here.
No, you will need to use the wireless access points that are provided by ITS. To learn how to connect to these access points, click here. For more information, please see the Augustana Wireless Policy.
Find the power strip that everything (router, cable modem, etc) is plugged into and turn it off for 5 - 10 seconds - then turn it back on. If this does not solve your problem call the ITS helpdesk at 794-7293.
If several computers in your house are not working, it is a good idea to try unplugging and plugging the router back in. If that doesn't work and your router was set up according to the manufacturer's instructions, you can try resetting the router. If only one computer is not working, it most likely is a computer issue. Please do not reset a router that has been configured by ITS! Instead call the helpdesk at x7293.
If only one computer is not working, it most likely is a computer issue. If several computers are not works, call the helpdesk at 794-7293 or email email@example.com.