Important dates and vacation information
Friday, July 26, 2015 - Priority Deadline for Medical Accommodations
End of July, 2015 - Room Assignment and Roommate Notification
Saturday, August 8, 2015 - First Year Room Tours (10am-Noon)
Sunday, August 16, 2015 - Elective Early Arrival (except for students living in Westerlin Jenny Lind Wing)
- $50 per night, Paid upon arrival with Cash or Check only
Thursday, August 20, 2015 - Incoming Student Move-in
Sunday, August 23, 2015 - Returning Student Move-in
The traditional halls (Andreen, Erickson, Seminary, Swanson and Westerlin) close for college breaks. Those who must remain on campus for athletic, academic or residency over 400 miles from campus may do so free of charge provided they secure permission in advance from the Office of Residential Life. Winter and spring break residents may be housed in Westerlin and Erickson halls only. Transitional Living Areas (reserved primarily for juniors) remain open during vacations and recesses. Students may stay in their room assignments during fall and spring breaks as well as Christmas Recess under the following circumstances:
- If their home is 400 or more miles away or if they are an international student and they stay for the entire break period. This housing is provided free of charge.
- If they've been asked to remain on campus by a coach, faculty or staff member; these students also stay free of charge.
- Students may also elect to stay for personal reasons, but in these cases will be billed $50.00/day for this service.
- Disruptive behavior that occurs during these periods will result in immediate dismissal for the remainder of the break period.
During the Thanksgiving and Easter Recesses, residents can elect to stay for any reason at no additional cost and without securing advance permission. Residents who reside in Transitional Living Area housing can elect to stay during any break or recess at no additional cost. For security reasons, TLA residents are asked to notify their Area Coordinator in advance of their stay.
Fall Break 2015 - Halls close at noon on Thursday, November 6 and reopen at noon on Sunday, November 15.
Christmas Recess 2015-16 - Halls close at noon on Saturday, December 19 and reopen at noon on Sunday, January 10.
Spring Break 2016 - Halls close at noon on Friday, February 19, and reopen at noon on Sunday, March 7.
Click here to view the full Academic Calendar for the 2015-16.