Call 911 from an on-campus phone; not use a cell phone or any other electronic device. The caller should be prepared to provide a location and remain in contact with the dispatcher. If possible, ask if Augustana Security should be contacted to provide assistance. After the call is made - provided the caller does not have to leave the area - the caller should attempt the following:
• Calmly survey surroundings to find out where the explosion occurred.
• If it's safe to do so, evacuate the area to avoid aftershocks.
• If inside a building, try to get outside, but do not use the elevators.
• If trapped, find a way to signal for help.
• Do not return to the area until it has been declared safe.