Meal Plans and Viking Dollars
Meal plans can be used in the Center for Student Life and in select locations for meal bundles. You can use Viking Dollars in the CSL dining center, campus snack bar, coffee house, or convenience store.
Meal plan changes can be made during the first two weeks of each term at the Dining Service Administrative Office on the fifth floor of the Center for Student Life, or contact us at 309-794-7543 or 309-794-7250. All meal plan are non-refundable
Meal Plan 2015-2016
|Plan||Meals per week||Viking Dollars per term||Cost per term|
|Gold Plan Unlimited ~||Unlimited CSL visits||$25||$1,700|
|Off-campus plans||Meals per week||Viking Dollars per term||Cost per term|
|Any 75||*75 meals||$150||$912|
|Any 90||*90 meals||$75||
~ The Gold Unlimited Plan - This plan provides unlimited access to the CSL, all-you-can-eat dining center, seven days per week during operating hours. Plus 3 guest meal passes per term and $25 in Viking dollars per term. Since this plan provides unlimited swipes in the CSL, meal bundles and to-go meals are not part of this plan. All board meals must be taken within the CSL, Viking bucks can be used at all other dining locations.
*Meals and viking dollars roll over term to term during the 2015-2016 academic year, but expire on the Monday after commencement.
An additional block of 25 meals for $250.00 may be added to any off campus plan.
|Meal service begins||Flex Dollar issue date||Meal service ends w/dinner||Service black-out dates|
|August 23||November 5||
Nov. 6 - Nov. 15
|November 16||February 21||
Nov. 26 - Nov. 29
Dec. 19 - Jan. 10
Feb. 20 - March 6
|March 8||May 24||
March 25 - March 27
May 22 end of term
Meal weeks, meal periods
1. The meal week begins with breakfast on Sunday and ends with dinner on Saturday.
2. Meal plan counts reset at Sunday breakfast for all dining plans.
Viking Dollars can be used in any Augustana dining establishment on campus. They also may be used at the football stadium for food and beverage purchases. Viking Dollars go on your Augustana I.D. card. You just swipe your card and the purchase is deducted from your balance.
Viking dollars can be reloaded at anytime during the school year by contacting the dining office.
|Amount||Price per $||Discount|
|$600 or more||$0.90||10%|
Important Viking Dollars information
1. Once Viking Dollars have been issued, they cannot be reduced or refunded
2. Unused Viking Dollars will roll over between fall term and winter term, and from winter term to spring term.
3. At the end of the spring term, on the Monday after commencement, all unused Viking Dollars will expire.
4. Due to the open availability of food items, only those who have paid may enter the Center for Student Life dining center.