Campus update for Sept. 23, 2020
Sept. 23, 2020
1. Keep your friend group small.
2. Use the CampusClear health screening app every day.
3. Got symptoms? Call your doctor. If you may have COVID-19, call Public Safety right away, 309-794-7711.
In honor of Family Week, we asked parents to share one of their student's favorite homemade dishes.
These recipes will be made by Dining Services and served in the Gerber Center this week: Lime Chicken Tacos and Black Bean and Vegetable Burritos on Thursday; Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts, and Sausage, Peppers and Bowtie Pasta on Friday; Arroz con Gandules, and Pea Pasta on Saturday.
Candlelight vigil tomorrow night
The candlelight vigil to grieve lives lost will begin at 7 p.m. at Ericson Field. (Read more)
• We will have a campus briefing on our COVID-19 status at 3 p.m. Monday. Details to come.
• Two more branding workshops are still open to everyone: tomorrow at noon and Sept. 30 at 3:30. It's not too late to sign up. You will get an overview of recent branding research and our efforts to advance Augustana's brand personality.
• There's a vaccine for that! Mark your calendar to get a flu shot on campus Oct. 23.
• If you ever wanted to learn some Swedish, here's your chance. The Swedish conversation group starts up tomorrow night.
• Groups looking for members:
Habitat for Humanity
Dr. Reuben Heine's geography class conducted a successful field lab last week aboard the college boat Stewardship on the Mississipi River. The lab was to conduct river flow measurements. Students had several options on how to complete the assignment, including making an informative video. This is Dr. Heine's example.