Campus update for May 6, 2020
May 6, 2020
Join us in offering thanks and congratulations to Coach Grey Giovanine, who announced his retirement last night.
The press conference had to be held in a largely empty Carver Center but Coach G was as upbeat as ever. He even quipped that when he comes back to watch a basketball game as a fan instead of head coach, he will keep his coat on :)
• Last Lecture is tomorrow night! Here's where to sign on.
• Senior Thea Gonzalez is receiving messages of support after sharing a story about her family's bout with COVID-19.
• Dance Marathon is taking applications for leadership positions for next year.
• Lotería is a game of chance, similar to bingo. If you've never played, the Office of Student Inclusion and Diversity is giving you the chance at Lotería Night tomorrow.
• The Amy's Gift Eating Disorder Support Group provides access to free support. Group meetings now are taking place from 6-7 p.m. every Wednesday via GoTo Meeting.
• Dr. Jason Mahn is still coming to the campus twice a week (after clearing it with Security). He teaches Encountering Religion online but says doing it from the actual classroom gives students and him a sense of normalcy. See the story on WQAD.
• Bonfire, Talent Show, Rope Pull and Yell, and the Sing competition! Get in your applications for Homecoming Committee Chairs.
• • •
Today's video: Wednesday Chapel (5 p.m.)
Today's podcast: Moving forward as students
Today's recipe: Augie Peanut Butter Cookies
• • •