March 13: CORE and Career Development
CORE/Career Development plans to remain open during the extended spring break period. Regardless of your physical location you will be able to engage with Career Development. In addition to all of our useful online resources, we have instituted three modes of career coaching/vocational exploration appointments: IN-PERSON appointments, PHONE appointments, and VIRTUAL FACE-TO-FACE appointments.
- Job/internship applications: Handshake is still an available and robust resource for those seeking job and internship opportunities.
- Online Resources: Access resources online through Handshake for assistance with career exploration, interview prep, resume writing, job and internship searches.
- Currently scheduled appointments: You will be contacted via email and given a choice to cancel your appointment or decide which mode works best for you. We have instituted three modes of career coaching/vocational exploration appointments: IN-PERSON appointments, PHONE appointments, and VIRTUAL FACE-TO-FACEappointments.
- New appointments and inquiries: You can make an appointment using Handshake.
Go to https://augustana.joinhandshake.com/ and sign in (Augie email and password you use to sign into Arches, an Augie computer, etc.)
On the top, you will see "Career Center" - click the "Appointments" button under the "what can I help you find" prompt
On the next page, you will see a blue button on the top that says "Schedule a New Appointment" - click that
*Please note that the default "appointment medium is in-person." We have instituted three modes of career coaching/vocational exploration appointments: IN-PERSON appointments, PHONE appointments, and VIRTUAL FACE-TO-FACE appointments.
Students presently enrolled in an internship for credit have a few options.
- Continue in internship; abide by organization requirements; contact assistant director of internships if circumstances change and none of the following options is feasible; or
- Request to work remotely on current work; or
- Request to be given a project that can be completed remotely; or
- If enrolled in a non-CORE, faculty supervised internship request alternative projects and assignments from faculty; these must be approved by faculty; or
- If enrolled in a CORE supervised internship you may contact the Assistant Director of Internships for alternative projects and assignments to make up for any unfulfilled hours; these must be approved by CORE; or
- If none of the above options is feasible, you may apply to have an extension to complete your internship hours. This would result in a grade of IP or "In Progress." Each case will be reviewed individually, and an official plan would need to be made and approved prior to the end of the term.
Please do not respond to this message. If you have questions, please call the Academic Affairs Office at x7328.