Campus update for Aug. 19, 2020
Aug. 19, 2020
Take a tour with us to learn how to navigate classrooms, the Quad, dining and other places where we all will work to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
Also, here is some information from the latest Augustana Strong Task Force report that may be of special interest to you:
• The Welcome Week schedule looks busy and fun!
• Please complete the tech survey so we can make sure you have what you'll need for your courses.
• Ryan Pryor, our new water polo coach, was interviewed in the latest Total Water Polo Magazine. Here is one thing he said: "Augustana is a place where student-athletes can excel both academically and athletically, so an opportunity to be part of that environment was very attractive."
• Juniors and seniors, please remember if you need to sign up for a meal plan to log into the housing and dining portal to add a meal plan.
• Reminder: Registration for continuing students ends at 4:30 p.m. this Friday, Aug. 21. See the academic calendar for the next registration dates.
Printable campus signage is now available for download. Client-facing offices are asked to use the provided fillable PDFs to print signs that provide contact information and office hours.
The Office of Communication and Marketing in Founders Hall has printed signs available in limited quantities. Reprints can be ordered from the Copy Center.
For questions or to discuss specific signage needs, contact Juliane Fricke.
The team behind LiveChat
The LiveChat feature on Augustana.edu is staffed by college employees from various departments. We added the chat feature in March as a way for you to get quick answers, and to stay in touch with us when offices are closed.
Make sure to say hello! We will do our best to answer your questions about Augustana College.
On behalf of the Augustana community, President Steven Bahls said a special thank-you to the members of Facilities Services on Tuesday. The team worked long hours to quickly clean up debris on campus after last week's severe storm damage. He encouraged custodians and the grounds crews to recognize and embrace their roles as we try to limit the risks related to COVID-19 on campus.