Campus update for April 16, 2020
April 16, 2020
April is Celebrate Diversity Month. Students and staff on the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team are sharing this video to encourage us to embrace our identities and involve ourselves in learning about others.
→ Making or sampling ethnic foods
→ Planning a virtual event that brings together different groups
→ Exploring different cultures through religion art, poetry, music
→ Learning a new language, or talking to friends who speak a different language
→ Watching movies on diverse topics — Netflix has lots!
Lights on 2020!
Beginning this Friday and continuing through May, we will will turn on the Lindberg Stadium lights at 8 p.m. every Friday for 20 minutes.
Schools across the Quad Cities and the nation are illuminating their stadiums as a symbol of solidarity and thanks in the midst of the current global health crisis.
The 20 minutes is a shoutout to the Class of 2020!
• Who couldn't be a little more organized? Join the first Well-Being Lab this afternoon from 3:30-4:30 for tips to improve motivation and minimize procrastination.
• Seniors: The deadline to order caps and gowns has been extended to May 20.
• Reminder: Under the new pass/no credit policy, once a request is processed by the Registrar's office, it is not reversible.
• Campus Cupboard will be open from 12:30-2 p.m. Friday.
• Now in CORE: Katie Petravick will hold a career drop-in from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. today and Friday. Drop-ins are scheduled every day. See the Current Students calendar.
• • •
Today's video: Tiny Tours is back with new tours and a playlist.
Today's recipes: We've gathered all the Augie favorites.
• • •