Status: Non-Exempt Part Time - 20 hours per week
Reports To: Catering Manager
Overview: Under direct supervision, works at various catering and special events on campus. Duties generally include set-up, food service, and tear-down/clean-up of equipment and service items.
- Sets up and prepares for service hot and cold food items for catering or other special events.
- Works with other employees to ensure that service of food occurs in a timely, safe and efficient manner and meets a high standard of quality.
- Works to minimize waste of food and meets high levels of productivity.
- Represents Augustana College with a friendly attitude, good personal hygiene and a willingness to provide excellent customer service.
- Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED. Previous food service experience is preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work with limited supervision and in collaboration with other employees.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a high volume, customer-oriented environment.
- Outstanding service orientation and the ability to create rapport with a wide variety of personalities.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a frequent basis and maintain good personal hygiene. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time
Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org until filled. In lieu of a resume, candidates can submit an Augustana Employment application in person or by mail to Human Resources, Augustana College, 639 38th Street, Rock Island, IL 61201. Final candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check.
Augustana College is an Equal Opportunity Employer