Fall Visit Days
Sept. 26 and Oct. 24, 2015
Visit Days are a great opportunity to experience what Augustana has to offer and to introduce you to life on our campus, all in the comfort of a group environment.
Attending a Visit Day is perfect for your first visit to campus and we recommend them for any age high school student.
- Receive an overview of the admissions process and academics at Augustana
- Tour campus with a current student.
9 a.m. — Check-in
9-10 a.m. — Augie Opportunities Fair
10:15-10:45 a.m. — Welcome address
11-11:30 a.m. — Academic session
11:45 a.m.-2 p.m. — Admissions/scholarship overview, lunch and campus tour
1:30-2 p.m. — Wrap-up with Admissions
The Augie Opportunities Fair, offered during check-in, provides access and interaction with every academic field at Augustana and a number of other key programs such as campus ministries, the career center, fine arts, the honors program, international study, campus ministries, and student activities.
The Academic Session provides an in-depth look at select departments as well as an overall academic perspective. There are three options for this section of the day:
1. You know your major: major specific academic sessions of select departments provide an in-depth look often including suggested coursework, hands-on learning opportunities, and graduate success stories.
2. An undecided advantage: the Choosing a Major academic session is for those who are uncertain what they will study.
3. Your major is not listed: if you do not see the department you are hoping to meet with in the list of options, sign up for your second choice and then email firstname.lastname@example.org the field you were hoping to hear more about and we will try to make arrangements.
$4,000 Fall Visit Scholarship Contest: After your visit you can participate in a scholarship contest for $4,000 by writing a few words about your visit and posting on social media. See details on the Fall Visit Contest.