Summer Session 2017, June 5-June 30
Summer Session dates and deadlines for June courses
- Online registration begins at 8 a.m. Monday, April 17, and ends at noon Tuesday, June 6 (if the course does not meet minimum enrollment of 4 students by noon on May 26 the course may be cancelled.) All registration will be done through our Arches course registration site. NOTE: there is a $40 administrative fee for registrations after May 25, 2017!* Register early!
- Non-degree summer-only students are required to make application by Monday, May 15 and all materials (transcripts and copy of photo ID) are due May 22. Registration for non-degree students will take place in-person, on-campus through May 26 by appointment only.
- Typically classes begin on Monday, June 5, (but please check the individual start/end dates for each course.)
- Arches will be open for drop/adds on June 5 and 6.
- The last day to add a class is Tuesday, June 6. Students who have not attended by the second class cannot continue with the class and may be automatically dropped from that class. In special circumstances, arrangements can be been made with the instructor for a late start with approval of the Registrar (in consultation with Academic Affairs). In these cases, students will be required to make up all work by the end of summer session. However, students who fail to drop will be responsible for all fees regardless of attendance.
- Pass/no credit deadline is Friday, June 9, by noon (not reversible.)
- Drop deadline to avoid "W" grade: Friday, June 9; all drops after this receive "W" grade
- Drop deadline: 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 16, by noon; no drops allowed after this date.
- Last day of classes: Friday, June 30.
- Grades due: July 5 for courses ended on June 30.
- Summer graduation is Aug. 7. All coursework must be posted on the student records by Friday, August 4 to be a summer graduate.
Dates for classes designated as sequenced courses, independent/directed study, internships, off-campus experiences and foreign study are subject to scheduling changes which may lengthen the summer session beyond the four weeks as determined by the college.
Tuition and fees
Tuition and fees are billed by the business office once the summer session begins.
$880 per semester credit hour if registered by 4:30 pm on May 25
$500 per semester credit hour for online summer courses if registered by 4:30 pm on May 25
Regular fees for zero credit internships apply. Regular fees for individual music lessons also apply. Check individual course descriptions on Arches for any additional fees beyond tuition.
There is no Augustana College financial assistance for summer session tuition.