Summer Session 2016, June 6-July 1
Online registration for all students will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 18, and will end at noon on Thursday, June 2. All registration will be done through our Arches course registration site.
Summer Session dates and deadlines for June courses
- Online registration begins at 6 a.m. Monday, April 25, and ends at noon Thursday, June 2 (if the course does not meet minimum enrollment of 4 students by noon on May 27 the course may be cancelled.) NOTE: there is a $40 administrative fee for registrations after May 26, 2015!* Register early!
- Non-degree summer-only students are required to make application by Monday, May 16 and all materials (transcripts and copy of photo ID) are due May 23. Registration for non-degree students will take place in-person, on-campus through May 27.
- Typically classes begin on Monday, June 6, (but please check the individual start/end dates for each course.)
- Arches will be open for drop/adds on June 6 and 7.
- The last day to add a class is Tuesday, June 7. Students who have not attended by the second class cannot continue with the class and may be automatically dropped from that class. In special circumstances, arrangements can be been made with the instructor for a late start with approval of the Registrar (in consultation with Academic Affairs). In these cases, students will be required to make up all work by the end of summer session. However, students who fail to drop will be responsible for all fees regardless of attendance.
- Pass/no credit deadline is Friday, June 10, by noon (not reversible.)
- Drop deadline to avoid "W" grade: Friday, June 10; all drops after this receive "W" grade
- Drop deadline: 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 17, by noon; no drops allowed after this date.
- Last day of classes: Friday, July 1.
- Grades due: July 5 for courses ended on July 1.
- Summer graduation is Aug. 1. All coursework must be posted on the student records by Friday, July 29 to be a summer graduate.
Dates for classes designated as sequenced courses, independent/directed study, internships, off-campus experiences and foreign study are subject to scheduling changes which may lengthen the summer session beyond the four weeks as determined by the college.
Tuition and fees
Tuition and fees are billed by the business office once the summer session begins.
$850 per semester credit hour if registered by 4:30 pm on May 26
$500 per semester credit hour for online summer courses if registered by 4:30 pm on May 26
Regular fees for zero credit internships apply. Regular fees for individual music lessons also apply. Check individual course descriptions on Arches for any additional fees beyond tuition.
There is no Augustana College financial assistance for summer session tuition.