Summer Session 2015, June 1-26
Online registration for all students will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 13, and will end at noon on Thursday, May 28. All registration will be done through our Arches course registration site.
Summer Session dates and deadlines for June courses
- Online registration begins at 6 a.m. Monday, April 13, and ends at noon Friday, May 29 (if the course does not meet minimum enrollment of 4 students by May 22 the course may be cancelled on May 22.) NOTE: there is a $40 administrative fee for registrations after May 21, 2014!* Register early!
- Typically classes begin on Monday, June 1, (but please check the individual start/end dates for each course.)
- Classes begin Monday, June 1.
- Arches will be open for drop/adds on June 1 and 2.
- The last day to add a class is Tuesday, June 2. Students who have not attended by the second class cannot continue with the class and may be automatically dropped from that class. In special circumstances, arrangements can be been made with the instructor for a late start with approval of the Registrar. In these cases, students will be required to make up all work by the end of summer session. However, students who fail to drop will be responsible for all fees regardless of attendance.
- Pass/no credit deadline is Friday, June 5, by noon (not reversible.)
- Drop deadline to avoid "W" grade: Friday, June 5; all drops after this receive "W" grade
- Drop deadline: 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 12; no drops allowed after this date.
- Last day of classes: Friday, June 26.
- Grades due: June 29 for courses ended on June 26.
- Summer graduation is Aug. 3. All coursework must be posted on the student records by Thursday, July 30 to be a summer graduate.
Dates for classes designated as sequenced courses, independent/directed study, internships, off-campus experiences and foreign study are subject to scheduling changes which may lengthen the summer session beyond the four weeks as determined by the college.
Tuition and fees
Tuition and fees are billed by the business office once the summer session begins. The non-refundable application fee is $35, paid once by each student.
$825 per semester credit hour if registered by 4:30 pm on May 21 offerings, and does not apply to online courses, internships, independent research of field studies. The regular fees and tuition for zero credit internships apply. Check individual course descriptions on Arches for any additional fees beyond tution.
There is no Augustana College financial assistance for summer session tuition.