Summer in the Rockies 2015 itinerary
Introductory Physical Geology in the Rocky Mountains locations, itinerary and details:
|Taking notes during class on a field trip.|
Itinerary August 2015
Rock Island, Illinois
Badlands National Park
Black Hills, South Dakota
Devil's Tower National Monument
Buffalo Bill Reservoir
Mickelson Field Station
Sunlight Basin and Clark's Fork Canyon
Thermopolis and Wind River Canyon
- Aug. 1: Students arrive at Augustana College, Fryxell Geology Museum in the Swenson Hall of Geosciences, located near the chapel and admissions buildings, 820 38th St., Rock Island. Use parking lots A1 and A2. There will be an afternoon orientation session with students and their parents, followed by class on campus.
- Aug. 2: Trip departs. Camp in Badlands National Park, South Dakota.
- Aug. 3-6: Camp in Black Hills, South Dakota. Visit Devils Tower.
- Aug. 7-8: Camp in Bighorn Mountains, Wyoming.
- Aug. 9: Arrive at Mickelson Field Station, near Cody, Wyoming.
- Aug. 14: Depart Mickelson Field Station. Camp near Wind River Canyon, Wyoming.
- Aug. 15: Camp at Johnson Lake State Park, NE.
- Aug. 16: Arrive back at Augustana College, early evening.
- Aug. 17: Course ends upon completion of final project, early afternoon.
- Aug. 20: New student orientation begins on campus.
- Aug. 24 Fall term classes begin.
For more information contact:
Dr. Michael Wolf (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Augustana College Department of Geology