Schedule a visit
Call: (309) 794-7341
Saturday (subject to school calendar)
Augustana offers three kinds of visits:
1. Individual visits: Each visit is customized to the student's interest. Tour campus, observe a class, meet a professor, coach, admissions, financial aid and other staff, go to a music or athletic practice, eat a cafeteria lunch and more. Available all year.
Starting March 1 of your junior year in high school, you also may schedule an admissions interview on this visit.
2. Special visit days: Combine the best of an individual visit with some of our special admissions events. These include:
- Spring Preview Days (suggested for sophomores and juniors)
- Summer Visit Days (for high school students)
- Fall Visit Days (for high school students)
- Transfer Fridays (for transfer students)
- International Student Event (for international students)
- Open House and Scholarship Competition (for admitted seniors)
- Experience Augustana (for admitted seniors)
- Scholars Reception (for Presidential, Dean's and Founders' scholarship recipients)
3. Group Visits: Come with a school group, team, church or other organization. Tour of campus, presentations by admissions and/or financial assistance, college search workshop. Other options may include tours of the art museum, cadaver lab and geology museum, campus nature walk, library research lesson and more.
Make your visit count
Get the most from your visit
The best time for an individual visit is on a weekday during the school year while classes are in session. This allows you the most options for visiting classes, meeting faculty and sampling student life.
We highly recommend including an admissions interview. Typically scheduled during an individual visit after March 1st of a student's junior year, students meet one-on-one with an admissions counselor. Interviews are available Monday-Friday when we are not hosting visit events.
Dates to avoid: Finals weeks Oct 29 - Nov. 1 and Feb. 10-15; fall break Nov. 5-9; Thanksgiving break Nov. 22-25, Christmas recess Dec. 17-Jan. 6; spring break Feb. 17-March 3; and Easter recess March 29-April 1.
Great dates to come: Honors music auditions: Feb. 1-2; Music auditions: Jan. 26, Feb. 9, March 9; Art portfolio reviews: Jan. 26, Feb. 9; Theatre auditions: Jan. 26, Feb.2 , March 9.
Be sure to check our calendar for other special events you wouldn't want to miss.