Status: Non-Exempt, full-time 12-month schedule
Reports To: Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship
Overview: Provides administrative support in the areas of donor relations, stewardship of gifts, acknowledgements, recognition, and endowed fund reporting.
- Provides administrative support for the Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship including producing gift acknowledgements, planning travel, compiling report data and a variety of other support duties.
- Maintains records and data required for stewardship of endowed funds, gift funds, and campus facilities. Responsibilities include database maintenance and preparation of stewardship reports and correspondence.
- Works on data entry and data manipulation on a variety of Access databases and Excel spreadsheets to track constituents and gifts for stewardship and donor recognition purposes.
- Works collaboratively with other staff to manage logistics of mailings and messaging including coordinating mail merges, managing supplies, working with the copy center, bulk mail room, and web-based communication.
- Works with campus partners to identify, collect and utilize stewardship resource information and materials for use with major donors.
- Participates in planning and staffing of major donor events and other Advancement Office activities as needed. Manages donor event reservations and arrangements.
- Manages student scholarship acknowledgement process.
- Staffs Advancement Office reception area.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required. Additional education preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience providing administrative support in a professional setting.
- Excellent computer skills with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, Access and Excel. Ability to learn Web basics and additional campus-wide software including Datatel.
- Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, prioritize work, and meet deadlines with a high degree of detail orientation and accuracy.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues, alumni, donors, members of the campus community and students.
- Time management and organizational skills to handle multiple priorities in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Excellent in-person and phone customer service skills and ability to relate to a diverse campus audience.
- Commitment to the mission of Augustana College.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a frequent basis. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, write, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must be able to use a computer to accomplish a variety of job tasks.
Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Application Procedures: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11, 2013. Successful candidates must pass a criminal background check. Augustana is an Equal Opportunity Employer