Fiber Frenzy: The Art of Weaving
Program dates: June 23-26, 2013
Program cost: $450
Includes lodging, all meals and any field trips. Students arrive on campus Sunday, June 23, and depart Wednesday, June 26.
During this course you will explore your creative expression through fiber art! Learn how to weave! You will learn how to set up the warp on a floor loom and weave a tapestry sampler of many Navajo techniques. Explore your creative side!
Sunday, June 23
- Welcome reception
Monday, June 24
- Introduction to fiber art
- Warping procedures
- Dressing the loom
- Beginning weaving techniques
- Plain weave, stripes
Tuesday, June 25
- Continuing weaving techniques
- Angles, dovetailing, shading
- Curved shapes, weave on project
Wednesday, June 26
- Weave experimental section of tapestry and finish!