Assistant Athletic Trainer/Instructor
Status: Exempt Full-time, 10 month position
Reports To: Head Athletic Trainer
Supervises: Student Athletic Trainers
Overview: Assists in the daily operation of the Athletic Training area for the College. Plans, oversees, executes and evaluates a comprehensive offering of services to meet the diverse needs of the College's student-athletes and coaches. Works closely with outside medical professionals, parents and other interested parties.
- Helps to provide prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic-related injuries and illnesses to all student-athletes.
- Provides supervision of the student athletic training staff
- Assists with the purchases of all athletic training equipment and supplies.
- Assists with event and practice coverage, providing daily instruction and specific work assignments relating to pre-practice, practice, post-practice and athletic team competition needs for all sports.
- Aids in the prevention, care, rehabilitation and evaluation of all athletic-related injuries and illnesses during practices and athletic competition, utilizing all the resources within the College and community.
- Helps to coordinate the development of rehabilitation and treatment programs for specific injuries and illnesses for short-term and long-term care.
- Provides instruction in physical education or athletic training courses as assigned.
- Helps to maintain a clean, healthy and safe work place.
- Other duties as assigned
Master's degree preferred. Certification by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification, licensed as a Certified Athletic Trainer by the State of Illinois or eligible to become
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of athletic training. Experience within an NCAA Division III institution is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a professional and student staff to create excellent work outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of student athletes, coaches, parents, and campus community.
- Well versed in many athletic training principles and techniques and able to adapt to a variety of athletic and sport situations.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a frequent basis. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, write, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must be able to use a computer to accomplish a variety of job tasks.
This position requires frequent long work days, evening and weekend work, and limited time off during assigned sports seasons. Work may be required in extreme weather conditions.
Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 11, 2013. Resume review will begin immediately.