Status: Non-Exempt Full-time 12 month schedule
Reports To: Production Manager
Overview: Under direct supervision, prepares hot and cold food items for a variety of dining center needs and/or catering events. Provides day-to-day kitchen leadership and works in various campus locations as needed.
- Prepares hot and cold food items for dining center service or catering events, generally on a 5 week menu cycle.
- Provides leadership to cooks and other kitchen staff to ensure high productivity, excellent team work and food products that meet the college's high standards.
- Works with other cooks and dining services staff to insure that production of food occurs in a timely, safe and efficient manner and meets a high standard of quality.
- Works to minimize waste of food and meets high levels of productivity.
- Adheres to standardized recipes and follows safety and sanitation standards for the Augustana kitchen.
- Works with other staff to produce necessary food products to meet deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned
AA degree or 2 years of culinary training required. 3-5 years of experience in a commercial kitchen setting.
Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in food preparation in a commercial setting or equivalent food service experience.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. Able to teach and train others in food preparation and service techniques.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and in collaboration with other employees.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a high volume, customer-oriented environment.
- Outstanding service orientation and the ability to create immediate rapport with a wide variety of personalities.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a frequent basis and maintain good personal hygiene. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment.
Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com by January 2, 2013. In lieu of a resume, candidates can submit an Augustana Employment application in person or by mail to Human Resources, Augustana College, 639 38th Street, Rock Island, IL 61201. Final candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Augustana College is an Equal Opportunity Employer