Status: Exempt Full-time 12 month schedule
Reports To: Assistant Vice-President, Communication & Marketing
Overview: Primary responsibilities include the design and production of effective print and web communications such as programs, flyers, ads, brochures and direct mail as well as web sites, banners, e-mail messages, social media projects and video productions consistent with the established identity and mission of the College. The Office of Communication and Marketing works with the Office of Admissions, the Office of Advancement, as well as more than 60 academic departments and numerous campus organizations.
- Work with a variety of constituencies on campus to identify, produce and deliver a wide variety of design projects including both print and web based project. Collaborate with users to meet their needs while maintaining consistent standards for the College and the Augustana brand.
- Build, enhance and/or maintain web pages and sites, using the college's content management system (CMS), content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Communicate with departments and others regarding time constraints and updated deadlines and delivery dates as needed.
- Provide assistance to the President's Office and other members of the Augustana leadership in effective creation of messaging on a wide variety of topics.
- Collaborate with others within the Communication and Marketing department to provide insight and support for their projects as necessary. Suggest new ways to enhance effectiveness of current or proposed projects.
- Design and edit web page content and assist others in producing content including text, audio, video and photographs.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field
Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years of demonstrated design experience for both print and web
- Excellent production skills with a variety of technologies including: web media: audio, video, user interface design and usability, and operating within a content management system
- Working knowledge of design software with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite on Mac and PC format.
- Experience with audio/video production is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong concept development skills with an ability to articulate concepts to coworkers and clients
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 15 pounds on a frequent basis. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, write, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment. Must be able to use a computer to accomplish a variety of job tasks.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, salary requirements, resume and URL of online portfolio or pdf portfolio no later than November 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org. Portfolio review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check. Augustana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Additional information is available at www.augustana.edu/humanresources/.
Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.