Transitional Living Areas (TLAs)
Transitional Living Areas are campus apartments and houses located on the campus perimeter that combine many of the advantages of residential living with those of the off-campus experience. Residency in Transitional Living Area (TLA) housing does not require off-campus release
Advantages of Transitional Living Area
Augustana developed the Transitional Living Area (TLA) program to meet the maturing needs of college juniors who seek more private housing environment. TLA life provides a less structured, yet fully supportive housing while still fulfilling the college's three-year live-on requirement. This experience is designed to serve as a transition period, preparing students for off-campus living.
• Assurance of safe, well-maintained living unites (Public Safety is available 24-hours per day).
• TLA houses and apartments are open during college breaks (fall, Christmas, and spring breaks)
• Student rooms and kitchens are fully furnished. All TLA rooms feature loftable/stackable room furnishings.
• Washers/dryers are provided in each traditional TLA unit, with the exception of Ansvar, Bellman, Gustav, Milles, Roslin, and Tyr houses.
• A Community Adviser (CA) is available to provide key service, post announcements, provide general support and assistance, and mediate any conflicts that may develop.
• A board plan (food service) is not required, but customized options are available.
• A variety of programs and activities, designed specifically for the mature student's needs, are offered on a regular basis. Free cable and Internet service and in some cases, lunge televisions and microwaves, are provided.
• Twenty-four hour visitation (but not cohabitation) is available.
• Residents who are legal age (21 or older) may responsibly consumer alcoholic beverages. More information about the TLA alcohol policies can be found in the residential living handbook, Inside Our Halls and Houses.
TLA Eligibility Requirements
• Pre-selection option: At students' request, the college will offer our largest houses to groups and may be secured before housing selection. Houses will be allocated by single gender based on interest and all beds in the house must be filled. CAs will not reside in these houses. Available areas include:
• Bostad 9 beds (singles),
• Esbjorn 15 beds (singles, doubles),
• Ryden 12 beds (singles, doubles),
• Viking 8 beds (doubles, triples),
• Zander 9 beds (singles, doubles).
Interested groups should contact Laura Terronez (309-794-2686) in Residential Life for further information. If interest is not shown, all rooms in these houses will be offered individually.
• TLA beds will be initially reserved for the third-year students only. If there are still options available after the sign up is completed, openings will be offered to interested fourth-year and second-year students.
• Eligible students must have lottery numbers ranging from 2501-4000. Transfer students should check their lottery number for accuracy. The computer-generated lottery system often incorrectly computes transfer status, so students who fall under this category should make re-checking their numbers a priority. Lottery number lists are available on the Augustana website and at the Office of Residential Life beginning March 13, 2013.
• Students with eligible lottery numbers may not request a TLA room or suite without the appropriate complement of roommate(s).
• Houses and apartments with six or less residents are secured with a single lottery number.
A special walking tour has been scheduled prior to housing selection on April 14, 2013 at 2:00PM. The tour begins in Erickson Center Lounge. Students will be able to view most areas and representative rooms.
During the course of the academic year, interested students may contact friends residing in TLA housing or any of the CAs for a tour and/or information. A complete list of CA telephone numbers is available on the Office of Residential website (www.augustana.edu/reslife) or in the Office of Residential Life.
|Andeberg House (ABG)||738 34th St.||10||2 singles
|Anderson House (AB)||932 35th St.||4 quads (double bedrooms)|
|Andreen Apartments (AND)||960 38th St.||3 quads (2 singles, 1 double)|
|Ansvar House (ANS)||3054 9th Ave||3||3 singles|
|Arbaugh Residence Center (AN 6-9)||1200 35th St.||16 quads (single bedrooms)|
|Asgard House (ASG)||742 34th St.||3||3 singles|
|Austin House (AUS)||610 39th St.||3||3 singles|
|Baldur House (BAL)||3410 9 ½ Ave.||3||1 single
|Bartholomew House (AB)||940 35th St.||4 quads (double bedrooms)|
|Bellman House A (BEL)||602 39th St.||2||2 singles|
|Bellman House B (BEL)||602 ½ 39th St.||2||1 double|
|Bergman House (BER)||929 32nd St.||3||3 singles|
|Bostad House (BOS)||727 34th St.||9||9 singles|
|Branting House (BRA)||3429 7th Ave.||3||3 singles|
|Bremer House A (BRE)||3801 8th Ave.||3||1 single
|Bremer House B (BRE)||727 38th St.||5||1 single
|Celsius House (CEL)||808 34th St.||4||4 singles|
|Delling House (DLL)||721 34th St.||4||2 doubles|
|Erfara House (ERA)||3052 9th Ave.||3||3 singles|
|Esbjorn House (ESB)||3025 10th Ave.||15||5 singles
|Forseti House (FOR)||1126 35th St.||9||9 singles|
|Freya House (FRE)||3235 8th Ave.||5||1 single
|Gustav House (GUS)||608 39th St.||4||4 singles|
|Heimdall House (HEI)||731 34th St.||3||3 singles|
|House on the Hill (HOH)||3052 10th Ave.||1 single
2 apt (doubles)
2 apt (triples)
1 apt (quad)
|Idun House (IDU)||3233 8th Ave.||3||3 singles|
|Jansson House (JAN)
|1116 35th St.||3||3 singles|
|Karsten House (KAR)
|1119 35th St.||3||1 single
|Larsson House (LAR)||3250 9th Ave.||6||4 singles
|Levander House (LEV)||750 35th St.||6||2 singles
|Lindgren House A (LIN)||1206 35th St.||3||3 singles|
|Lindgren House B (LIN)||1204 35th St.||3||3 singles|
|Local Culture House (LCH)
|1118 35th St.||3||3 singles|
|Lundholm House (LUN)||753 34th St.||5||5 singles|
|Martinson House A (MAR)||800 34th St.||2||2 singles|
|Martinson House B (MAR)||800½ 34th St.||2||2 singles|
|Milles House (MIL)||1113 35th St.||3||1 single
|Moberg House (MOB)||3336 7th Ave.||4||4 singles|
|Naeseth Residence Center (AN 1-5)||3311 13th Ave.||20 quads (single bedrooms)|
|Nobel House (NOB)||812 34th St.||4||4 singles|
|Oden House (ODN)||921 34th St.||5||5 singles|
|OSA (to be named at a later date)||5||5 singles|
|Ostara House (OST)||1202 30th St.||3||1 single
|Parkander Residence Centers (PAR)
|3605 - 3601 11th Avenue||14 quads (single bedrooms)|
|Roslin House A (ROS)||618 39th St.||2||1 double|
|Roslin House B (ROS)||618 ½ 39th St.||2||2 singles|
|Ryden House (RYD)||3400 10th Ave.||12||4 singles
|Sanning House (SAN)||3048 9th Ave.||3||3 singles|
|Skadi House (SKA)||3437 7th Ave.||4||4 singles|
|Swanson SW (SWA)||1010 38th St.||8 singles
11 quads (single bedrooms)
4 quints (single bedrooms)
10 sextets (single bedrooms)
|Swedenborg House (SWE)||3443 7th Ave.||3||1 single
|Thor House (THO)||816 34th St.||3||3 singles|
|Tyr House (TYR)||1111 37th St.||3||1 triple|
|Vidar House (VID)||1200 32nd St.||3||1 single
|Viking House (VIK)||730 34th St.||8||4 singles
|Wicksell (WIC)||1120 35th St.||2||2 singles|
|Zander House (ZAN)||3203 10th Ave.||9||3 singles
|Zorn House (ZOR)||3051 10th Ave.||3||3 singles|
|6th Avenue (to be named at a later date)||3407 6th Ave.||4||2 singles
|RATE||ROOM TYPE||TERM PRICE||YEAR PRICE|
|A||Hall Double & Triple||$1,539.00||$4,617.00|
|D||Deluxe room (1)||$1,788.00||$5,364.00|
|C||Hall single/TLA double or triple
Singles in Westerlin, Erickson, Seminary Hall, Andreen/TLA's with shared double or triple occupancy bedrooms
TLA's with residents having own bedroom