Matt and Mindy McSparin Sports Business Internship Award
A $2500 stipend will provide support for an unpaid internship for an aspiring student of any major to explore the sports business industry as a future career, coordinated by the Department of Business Administration in conjunction with the Dean of the College and Office of Internship Services. The recipient must provide information and written documentation about the internship and career progress to Matt and Mindy McSparin and to the committee that evaluates the applications.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Junior standing or above (60+ credits); enrolled full-time
- Unpaid internship in a professional, collegiate or amateur sports organization (not high school); sports event management or marketing or related field; sports management, sports agent, sports marketing agency or related field
- 0-9 academic credits with supervision by Augustana faculty or staff
How do I apply?
- A letter of application containing the answers to the following questions:
- Why do you wish to be considered for this award? Include why you selected your major, your accomplishments and activities, financial challenges, how your major in college relates to the sports business field, and experience in the sports business field.
- Current unofficial transcript and résumé
- One formal letter of recommendation from Augustana faculty or staff member
- Applications will be accepted during spring term 2013