Teaching: Plans and Priorities for 2015-16
Continue a thoughtful plan of integrating information literacy into the curriculum in a sequential, developmental manner.
Pursue the development or adaptation of assessment tools.
- Develop assessments for the IL component of the Honors sequence (Anne and Stefanie)
- Communicate results of library assessment projects (Stefanie)
- Build on the Assessment in Action project in Special Collections (Stefanie and Sam)
Begin documenting how current instruction practices align with the information literacy program outcomes developed Spring 2016 (Liaison librarians)
Assist departments in scaffolding library research skills within their curricula (Liaison librarians)
Strive to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the teaching program.
- Integrate course-level, progressive instruction exercises in Special Collections to increase competencies (Sam)
- Pursue professional development activity on improving instruction and assessment (Liaison librarians)
- Collaborate and coordinate between Special Collections and other instruction (Sam and liaison librarians)
Participate in the Teagle Project to develop online learning modules for the liberal arts environment (Stefanie)
Build Augustana Digital Commons and other institutional repositories into instruction (Liaison librarians)
Continue development of library Social Justice Working Group initiatives (Anne, Rachel, Sam, Stefanie)